What wheels fit? and "bouncing" idle

I searched with not alot of answers,

info,,, 87 Comanche Eliminator 2WD 5spd 4.0l renX.

Question 1:

What other wheels can I fit on my Comanche?

Has the "bullet holes" on it now. I like the wheels but if I knew what other trucks or cars wheels fit then.......I could change if I ever wanted . Maybe if someone could just give me a bolt pattern, size and offset I'd be GOOD!

Questions 2 and 3:

I read through slews and slews of threads about idle, but couldn't find anything about idles that bounce. Everything is about high or low idles not anything about fluctuating idles or self revs. Havent touched anything yet. Have a plan to check all grounds, and vacuums, confused about the whole tps volt check. Where do I need to start??

Hell I got alot of issues with this jeep,, Where the best place for parts? Napa? I hope not the dealer. Any online salvage yards that ship for a good price??

Thanks,,,,,, In .... Advanced ...... JT

Bolt pattern is 5x4.5. Stock is 15x7 with 5.25"(?) backspacing.

Explorers, rangers, other jeeps, older dodge cars, older dodge vans, and a few other things have the same pattern.

And your idle is probably your IAC. Well, start there. Take it out and clean it. Maybe replace it (get a couple from the boneyard).

Bolt pattern is 5x4.5. Stock is 15x7 with 5.25"(?) backspacing.

Explorers, rangers, other jeeps, older dodge cars, older dodge vans, and a few other things have the same pattern.

And your idle is probably your IAC. Well, start there. Take it out and clean it. Maybe replace it (get a couple from the boneyard).

Hey thanks! I googled wheel specs and found all the jeep wheels will fit, except CJ's Wagoners, and I believe the 98-up Grand Cherokees, surprisingly the Liberty wheels fit too..

Idle Air Control= IAC ?? Do you know where to dl a pdf service manual or where I can obtain a FSM without spending my kids college fund???

Most of the Renix spect's can be found on this site -

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Eng ... ostics.htm

And thank whom ever posted this site, I just bookmarked it.

Parts sources - For big parts, Junk Yard lists -

http://www.car-part.com/

Napa is a good source, but not in my area, nothing is stocked, or very little, so -

http://www.rockauto.com/

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/

And between Rock and Advance, I always compair $$ sometimes there is a big diffrence, it pays to compair.

If it's not the IAC, it could just be an arcing plug wire. The idle on my sons comanche was bouncing and that was the cause.

I said I haven't touched it yet, which isn't true. I did change the plugs, wires, dis. cap, and rotor. That made the truck run a lot better.

The whole story is this truck is a friends and I am going to buy it from him for like 200. Something to take the trash off, and get mulch, just a "truck" you know, but it seems that it will turn out to be alot more then "just" a truck. Out of all the vehicles I have owed the one's that run perfect are not really thought of, but the one's that need work it seems I take them under my wing.

The bad thing is the truck is 30 min's away and I goto school fulltime, so I only get to work on it on part of Thursdays and a few hours on Friday.

Most of the Renix spect's can be found on this site -

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Eng ... ostics.htm

And thank whom ever posted this site, I just bookmarked it.

Parts sources - For big parts, Junk Yard lists -

http://www.car-part.com/

Napa is a good source, but not in my area, nothing is stocked, or very little, so -

http://www.rockauto.com/

http://www.advanceautoparts.com/

And between Rock and Advance, I always compair $$ sometimes there is a big diffrence, it pays to compair.

Thanks, That Renix site is great!!

I use advanced more then napa because of their prices. I've never heard of Rockauto. I'll have to check into that one.

EDIT::::: That Renix site is even better than "Great" it is the $#!&!!! It has a link down toward the end that has a manual download page!!!! NICE kudos!!

Thanks, That Renix site is great!!

I use advanced more then napa because of their prices. I've never heard of Rockauto. I'll have to check into that one.

EDIT::::: That Renix site is even better than "Great" it is the $#!+!!! It has a link down toward the end that has a manual download page!!!! NICE kudos!!

With RockAuto always order WEEKS ahead of when you are going to do the project. They have a nasty habit of shipping the wrong part, and fighting you on getting it returned and the correct one out.

I had several miserable experiences with them.

The worst was I ordered a fuel pump for my MJ. They sent me an auto tranny kickdown cable. Tried to tell me it was what I ordered. Refused to refund my money or resend the the pump until the cable had been returned. I unleashed the 'mad german wife' on them. Finally gotten it straight, but there was a CSR with a very red ear.

With RockAuto always order WEEKS ahead of when you are going to do the project. They have a nasty habit of shipping the wrong part, and fighting you on getting it returned and the correct one out.

The worst was I ordered a fuel pump for my MJ. They sent me an auto tranny kickdown cable. Tried to tell me it was what I ordered. Refused to refund my money or resend the the pump until the cable had been returned. I unleashed the 'mad german wife' on them. Finally gotten it straight, but there was a CSR with a very red ear.

HaHa "Mad German Wife" Glad I wasn't on the other side of that conversation!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Surfing around and found a whole slew of tid bits http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PDFs/index.html

I searched high and low recently checking all the not-so-obvious things that would cause a rough, surging idle. When I got done checking all the sensors, all the wires, the grounds, the pumps, the injector, etc. I started checking the basics. Low and behold, I had low fuel pressure and needed to replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Lesson learned: Check the basics first. Good luck.

HaHa "Mad German Wife" Glad I wasn't on the other side of that conversation!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Surfing around and found a whole slew of tid bits http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PDFs/index.html

Hey, she swears at me in german when she is really angry. Yet, she has never lived in Germany. I just yell back in spanish(my staff has taught me enough) and it really sounds hysterical.

I searched high and low recently checking all the not-so-obvious things that would cause a rough, surging idle. When I got done checking all the sensors, all the wires, the grounds, the pumps, the injector, etc. I started checking the basics. Low and behold, I had low fuel pressure and needed to replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Lesson learned: Check the basics first. Good luck.

Kewl !! Thanks, I will do that. What all did it take for you to check fuel pressure?

Where and What kind of gauge did you use?

Hey, she swears at me in german when she is really angry. Yet, she has never lived in Germany. I just yell back in spanish(my staff has taught me enough) and it really sounds hysterical.

America, The Melting pot !!! lol Had a buddy in the Army, who was Russian. He taught me all kinds of curse words!! See if she knows what sukka is..Funny the first words you learn in a foreign language are the bad ones!!!

Kewl !! Thanks, I will do that. What all did it take for you to check fuel pressure?

There's a schreder fitting on the fuel rail towards the front of the engine. It's pretty standard, in most gauges for that crap will pop right on.

There's a schreder fitting on the fuel rail towards the front of the engine. It's pretty standard, in most gauges for that crap will pop right on.

I didn't know exactly where the value was..Thanks... I'm going to advanced and see if they have a gauge I can use. I'll check fuel pressures this Thursday and report the pressure. What should it be?

ok got some work done to this mj today. removed the IAC and it looked like a pencil lead. So, I cleaned it real good and looked in the hole and it was so caked with carbon chunks and crap i knew the throttle body was in bad shape. I removed the intake tube and I was right.......

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Cleaned it up.. soaked, scrubbed, soaked, scrubbed, a little sanding here and there and another soak and scrub.. looked brand new! put it all together tested resistance between grounds everywhere .001 /2 all good with that. then tested for 5v at the tps connector good to go, adjusted the tps to .803v good there. started it up and she ran great idle: this is what the idle was when I though it was good, I really don't know what rpm this is I figure around 800 is this right?

Image Not Found

Ok so i take it down the road and she runs STRONG!! I get back and cut it off and test the fuel pressure, good I guess,,, 36 with key on and 39/40 when running.

shut it down walk away to a smoke and chat come back remove the pressure gauge, start it up and BLAH!!!!!

It won't stay a running,,,,, so I check the voltage on tps it jumped a little to .837v readjust this time to .798/.799 tighten the screws and it stays the same but still won't idle. remove the IAC and plug it in and plug the hole on throttle body, start and idle is high (because nothing to stop the flow of air duh,,IAC out,,)

But the IAC Screws itself out... I assume its working,, screw the plunger back in all the way then about 10 turns back out,,,replace everything and no change, still cranks right up but drops right back to a stall. played around with the IAC plunger by installing it all the way screwed and three screws at time to see if that helped,,,,HE!! NO!!!!

I was tired and hot so I left and went to our County Fair for some vinegar fries and funnel cakes(with powdered sugar of course) WTH am I doing wrong??????????

here's the truck and what not...........................

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Whats up with the red Steering column??

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Talking bout the Ghetto.................HOWS THIS FOR CCV!!!!!!!!!! Blah.makes me :hmm:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

JT

not sure how your jeep is still running anywhere near idle with the ccv plugged there... if i plug that line my truck drops dead... :dunno:

but its supposed to connect to the intake manifold somewhere near the intake/tps. area

No, it connects to the intake almost where the fuel line goes into the fuel pressure regulator.

not sure how your jeep is still running anywhere near idle with the ccv plugged there... if i plug that line my truck drops dead... :dunno:

but its supposed to connect to the intake manifold somewhere near the intake/tps. area

No, it connects to the intake almost where the fuel line goes into the fuel pressure regulator.

I have a 90* rubber fitting thats plugged with a bolt between the tps and another 3 way vacuum port. I assumed that was the one the back line plugged into. . I dropped by advanced and had them look it up but they didnt carry the rear or front ccv value.

I have a 90* rubber fitting thats plugged with a bolt between the tps and another 3 way vacuum port. I assumed that was the one the back line plugged into. . I dropped by advanced and had them look it up but they didnt carry the rear or front ccv value.

Where the big vacuum line connector is at. There is a port that is in the bend of the intake manifold right there. The port sticks up towards the hood, that is where the line from the CCV(Rear) goes.