2.5l wiring

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

You could just ground Fuel Pump Relay Block Pin_2. You must keep in mind that the fuel pump will run anytime the KEY is ON. So you can't sit there and listen to radio, your fuel pump is running.

I might just do that. I guess it helps I don't have a radio :roflmao:

The ECU is not receiving a signal from the CPS or something similar Maybe it's not recognizing the ignition control module whatever it is that is the reason why you were getting no fuel

The only reason you would jump the fuel pump relay is to test the balance of the circuit but you cannot leave it like that

Not getting a fuel pump response is a indicator that you've got another problem

2 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

The ECU is not receiving a signal from the CPS or something similar Maybe it's not recognizing the ignition control module whatever it is that is the reason why you were getting no fuel

The only reason you would jump the fuel pump relay is to test the balance of the circuit but you cannot leave it like that

Not getting a fuel pump response is a indicator that you've got another problem

The cps is good no shorts, the contacts are clean. I just pulled apart the ICM cleaned the contacts there as well. Still trying to figure it out

6 hours ago, Swampy said:

The cps is good no shorts, the contacts are clean. I just pulled apart the ICM cleaned the contacts there as well. Still trying to figure it out

Did you just clean the CPS or test it also?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome back to the fun show of figuring this out piece by piece. So recap to where we last left off: It was determined that the current ecu might be fried on the comanche when the fire happened. 

Update to where we are currently:

I got a known good ecu from a running truck from a member here on the forums. I plugged it into my truck and we are back to square one. The started clicked and the jeep did nothing. I know the fuel pump gets power when I ground it, and when I tried to turn on the tail lights to check that, they didn't turn on either. 

Which leads me to believe it wasn't the ecu but fuses, relays and or wiring. This week I will be checking all the fuses and relays and the starter relay.

I am open to suggestions and any help would be appreciated.

I replaced all the relays, fuses and checked all the grounds. the fuel pumped primed when I went to start it the first time, the started clicked and that was it. The jeep still isn't starting or cranking over. I think it might be the started as I tried to jump the started with no luck. Tomorrow will be checking the starter, i have 2 so hopefully one works