2.5l wiring

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Need to check the condition of Engine Control Harness Splice_K. Splice K is located where the K is with the circle around it.

1353011717_EC_SpliceK_2_5L.jpg.1b5a6b85b41a71a56b9ee277098bf36d.jpg

Checked splice K. Assuming its the one that goes to the fuel pump relay, it is still the factory splice. the wires are clean and there is no corrosion. Would you suggest getting rid of the splice and using solder?

5 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Not yet.

Check terminals at the Fuel Pump Relay, under the Fuel Pump Relay Block.

From the top of the block. there is no corrosion, from the bottom there is some of that black tar junky stuff

9 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Undercoating maybe? Need to check wire to terminal connection.

The terminals look good. I'm trying to remove that undercoating stuff, I did see a small amount of corrosion on one of the terminals

16 hours ago, Ωhm said:

With Fuel Pump Relay installed, can you jump Fuel Pump Relay Block Pin_2 to ground? If so, turn KEY ON. Does Fuel Pump run?

Yes the fuel pump runs with the jumper wire from Pin_2 to ground and key on

Pin_2 at the relay block is the wire that goes to the Engine Control Unit (ECU). This wire controls the ON/OFF of the relay coil. The easy testing is done, time to dig out the ECU and disconnect the connector. Examine C200_6 for proper connection. With Fuel Pump Relay removed, check continuity between Fuel Pump Relay Block Pin_2 and ECU C200_6. Looking for 0Ω's. If continuity exist, suspect ECU, otherwise repair OPEN circuit.

957049564_C200ECU2_5L.jpg.3019c8507cfe3037fd93120e846191f2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Pin_2 at the relay block is the wire that goes to the Engine Control Unit (ECU). This wire controls the ON/OFF of the relay coil. The easy testing is done, time to dig out the ECU and disconnect the connector. Examine C200_6 for proper connection. With Fuel Pump Relay removed, check continuity between Fuel Pump Relay Block Pin_2 and ECU C200_6. Looking for 0Ω's. If continuity exist, suspect ECU.

957049564_C200ECU2_5L.jpg.3019c8507cfe3037fd93120e846191f2.jpg

I got 0Ω's between the 2 connectors

7 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

I hate to spend your money, new Fuel Pump Relay, now suspect ECU.

You know more of this than I do. Also I had asked a fellow member a few months back if I should get a new ecu because I wasn't sure if the fire had fired the ecu as well

4 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

One last call, make/break C200 a couple of times. See if problem goes away.

I will do this now. Question- if its the on/off switch for the fuel pump that isnt working... could I wire an actual switch and control the fuel pump manually?