2.5l wiring

Hey guys. I need some help. As some of you know, my mj caught on fire and I am swapping a new harness. I found a random red wire that was cut. I goes back to the starter relay, only problem is I'm not sure where it goes. The red wire meets 2 other red wires (total of 3) at a fuse-able link that goes to a green wire on the starter relay. One of the red wires has like a spade connector on it, the other seems to go to one of the bulkhead connectors for the fuse panel under the dash. I have been looking at the wiring diagram and I don't find the fuse-able link with 3 red wires

I6K5Oaa.jpg 

pote3z0.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty. It’s a goal to get pictures today. The holidays and such is madness. 

Anyways that top plug goes to a sensor on the power steering pump pipe. 

The oil pressure should be just a single plug with black rubber on it to protect the plug itself and the alt should be a GM looking plug that is rectangle in shape. 

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Alrighty. It’s a goal to get pictures today. The holidays and such is madness. 

Anyways that top plug goes to a sensor on the power steering pump pipe. 

The oil pressure should be just a single plug with black rubber on it to protect the plug itself and the alt should be a GM looking plug that is rectangle in shape. 

I installed power steering from a 4.0l I'll see if it has that plug

spWl4fo.jpg

that's the alternator plug and oil sender plug from my old harness. I can't find them on the new harness might just rewire them completely. Have plenty of material

THoe6RN.jpg

Jeep is cranking but the fuel pump isnt priming. If I checked it correctly the connector by the gas tank wasn't getting power in the key on/run position. I have to check grounds, going to add fuel pump ground. open to ideas