Final Pieces

GrandComanche

Trying to wrap up the interior swap for my 87. Taking it from the original beat up red to gray and realized I don't have the sun visors. If any has a pair of gray sun visors in good shape, please let me know. 

Also, I know this one is a long shot, but anyone has and is willing to part with an MJ gun box PLEASE PLEASE message me!!!

Trying to wrap up the interior swap for my 87. Taking it from the original beat up red to gray and realized I don't have the sun visors. If any has a pair of gray sun visors in good shape, please let me know. 

Also, I know this one is a long shot, but anyone has and is willing to part with an MJ gun box PLEASE PLEASE message me!!!

Any of your red interior any good?

Founding Member of the Comanche Preservation Society

if you haven't done your headliner yet consider using later model XJ visors as they are plastic and of a clam shell design, meaning they snap together on the side opposite the rod, and are very easy to recover, I did mine in my 99 XJ and covered them with grey material from a sweatshirt, looked great. So when I did my MJ I glassed over center mount hole and cut new holes in headliner for new inboard mount clips then covered the newer type visors with matching headliner material . You will need to add some metal to inside of roof at inboard clips to get them to sit level, I used scrap aluminum about 1/4 inch and JB weld to attach, then screw clips to that through headliner. Five bucks for used visors at JY. lots cheaper than paying to redo the cardboard ones.

10 hours ago, Pete M said:

someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe there are 2 different lengths of sunvisors.  you'll want to measure yours to make sure you get the right ones. :L: 

Your absolutely correct Pete. There are 2 different sizes. From what I've seen though Renix is the longer style and H.O. is the shorter type with only j hooks that do not have a backer plate.