you tell me

n69205416_32404436_7906.jpg

crappy photochop. someone on the club had suggested this to me. and I kinda like it. sorry, no tail lights were in the pic I chopped.

anyways, I wanna restore dad's truck, and I want the 3800 to be black. I have an OK shortbed I can fix, and since the 3800 isn't stock anyways...well it goes from there.

btw I'm throwing ideas out left and right today.

Funny the lambo/suicide door gets brought up. There's been an idea in the back of my head since I fully made my mind up on the direction of my 88. Suicide lambo doors, yes, that's right lambo doors that open up towards the BACK of the truck. I'd like to see someone copy me on that one. Back to the original post now, do it Pat, you know you want to and can. jamminz.gif

I can see a problem with your roofline if you do this. It will be way out of whack compared to what it is now, the slope will have to change if you want to use the rear of the cab as it is now...

Its a big project: you will have to take lots of measurements before if you want to have things fit up nicely in the end and not have the truck go down the road crooked...

Also you are going to really have to be sure you do a nice job with it otherwise you wreck a perfectly good MJ chassis. I would have tried it on one of the rusty ones you had before I tried it on this one...

go get a junk xj and try it and then if it works nicely do it on your manche but if i were you i would make sure to reinforce the roof as its not made to hold the weight of the doors. not saying that it can't but over some time you could do some serious harm on one of the sweetest MJs in the planets history