Mj/xj rear 44 drum parts

saveevryjp1998

Searching for mopar left and right in parking strut, cable lever, adjuster lever, backing plate, and adjusters. All of these are left and right specific. I'm also looking for cylinder links as well as plate guides. If you plan on switching to disc in the rear I'd be interested in your old parts thanks.

2 hours ago, Andy in Pa said:

Believe it or not, Quadratec may be able to help you source these parts.  Take a look at their website, and look under the Cherokee tab.  They used to have a good breakdown of parts for the XJ D44.

Thanks but I've looked. Many places list the parts as the same like Quadretec but they are not. I have 4 mj/xj 44s in front of me at the house and have owned several. I can tell you factory wise 35 and 44 are not the same brake wise. So far the best breakdown and info I've found is Rockauto. I recently purchased aftermarket and verified fitment. It's all accurate but I'd still like some factory spares for spare. Teamcherokee used to have the drums cheap on closeout but they are no longer available. Many have used and recommended Weaver however they seam to be drying up as well as many other sources for the smaller stuff. Guys need to realize that hardly any vehicles are on the road anymore with straight axles let alone 25 plus years old. It's a miracle any of these parts new or used are as available today. Now consider what vehicles actually used the same 44 hardware. I'm seeing as of now nothing shared 44 brake components other than 87-90 xj/mj 44 unless there is something I'm missing I'm guessing most of the aftermarket stuff is leftover stock. I know the price of Duralast Autozone drums for the 44 have tripled since last I checked. I used to buy them cheaper than 35 drums. 

17 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Thanks but I've looked. Many places list the parts as the same like Quadretec but they are not. I have 4 mj/xj 44s in front of me at the house and have owned several. I can tell you factory wise 35 and 44 are not the same brake wise. So far the best breakdown and info I've found is Rockauto. I recently purchased aftermarket and verified fitment. It's all accurate but I'd still like some factory spares for spare. Teamcherokee used to have the drums cheap on closeout but they are no longer available. Many have used and recommended Weaver however they seam to be drying up as well as many other sources for the smaller stuff. Guys need to realize that hardly any vehicles are on the road anymore with straight axles let alone 25 plus years old. It's a miracle any of these parts new or used are as available today. Now consider what vehicles actually used the same 44 hardware. I'm seeing as of now nothing shared 44 brake components other than 87-90 xj/mj 44 unless there is something I'm missing I'm guessing most of the aftermarket stuff is leftover stock. I know the price of Duralast Autozone drums for the 44 have tripled since last I checked. I used to buy them cheaper than 35 drums. 

Just looked, and found either Dana 44 listed, or 10" brakes listed on the Q-tec website.  None of the parts are cheap, but are available.  I have built numerous XJ/ MJ D44's as well, and just so happen to have Q-tec close by where I live.  I mostly use the site as reference, then figure out how to obtain the parts other ways.  According to the site it looks like Crown Auto also has them too.  Not seeing backing plates, but it seems the hardware is available.

2 hours ago, Andy in Pa said:

Just looked, and found either Dana 44 listed, or 10" brakes listed on the Q-tec website.  None of the parts are cheap, but are available.  I have built numerous XJ/ MJ D44's as well, and just so happen to have Q-tec close by where I live.  I mostly use the site as reference, then figure out how to obtain the parts other ways.  According to the site it looks like Crown Auto also has them too.  Not seeing backing plates, but it seems the hardware is available.

When you say  "hardware" as available do you mean the standard springs etc.? That I can find about anywhere. I'm looking for the other items listed in the post that would not be found in a hardware kit. Literally looking for from axle hub to drum. I may be wrong but I've been to both crown site and omix. 9 and 10 I understand but 10 is dana 35 too. I believe this is why it's confusing. 9 is 8.25. Dana 35 and Dana 44 are different. Dana 35 is a 10" drum with 1.75" shoes while Dana 44 is a 10" drum and 2.5 shoes. The parking brake hardware is different along with more. I don't think most people understand that it might work but not right.

Just got done doing brakes on my Dina 44 last night and everything was available from the part store. I didn't look for the emergency brake lever or the strut bar because I already had those but I can get you part numbers of what I use if you'd like, Unless you really want a Mopar which I understand

IMG_1244.JPG

3 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Just got done doing brakes on my Dina 44 last night and everything was available from the part store. I didn't look for the emergency brake lever or the strut bar because I already had those but I can get you part numbers of what I use if you'd like, Unless you really want a Mopar which I understand

IMG_1244.JPG

Yes sir I appreciate it. Mopar I already have the numbers just looking for a source. I'd be happy aftermarket as well for e lever and strut bar if you have used and verified fit. Please and thanks.