coheed

86 Comanche wanted NC

I am really want an 86 Comanche. Specifically an 86. As close to Mid-West North Carolina as possible, but willing to do a small road trip. Prefer a 2.8 with an auto, but open to any drivetrain configuration. Also prefer as close to stock as possible. My cash budget is low at the moment, like $1000. I would however trade my 92 DR350s for one (value $2500ish). Could even do bike plus boot for one I like. Picture of said bike.

nkSLGYR.jpg

Bike has 5200 on the odometer. Within the last 1500 miles the clutch, cam chain and guides, and sprockets and chain have been changed. Valves adjusted 500 miles ago. Carb rebuilt 500 miles ago. Headlight swapped to a DR650 with a homemade windscreen. LED tail-light with flasher relay. Acerbis 4.2 gal tank nets me 200 miles before switching to reserve. Has homemade rack on the back, and I'll include the bag. Will include a heap of parts including the stock tank and fender. Has a rebuilt title, it was stolen from the owner before me. The people that stole it put bed liner on all the body work, so the cost of replacing all the body work totaled the vehicle. I have done multiple 2-3 hundred mile days on it since I got it, and never had any issues.

7 hours ago, rylee144 said:

Another a little further. Why an 86? Just curious.

Because I'm a masochist haha. No, my ultimate goal is to build the "best" version of my grandfather's old truck. Long bed, 4wd, with the good trans and transfer case I already have. I want to run a carbureted motor, and an 86 with a 3.4 and an Edelbrock is the simplest option in that case.

That one in Ohio doesn't look awful, but almost 8 hours one way is a haul.