86 Comanche wanted NC (Found)

coheed

I am really wanting an 86 Comanche. Specifically an 86. As close to Mid-West North Carolina as possible, but willing to do a small road trip. Prefer a 2.8 with an auto, but open to any drivetrain configuration. Also prefer as close to stock as possible. My budgets $2500-3000, of course anything cheaper would be nice as it would leave me some for repairs and the like.

7 hours ago, rylee144 said:

Another a little further. Why an 86? Just curious.

Because I'm a masochist haha. No, my ultimate goal is to build the "best" version of my grandfather's old truck. Long bed, 4wd, with the good trans and transfer case I already have. I want to run a carbureted motor, and an 86 with a 3.4 and an Edelbrock is the simplest option in that case.

That one in Ohio doesn't look awful, but almost 8 hours one way is a haul.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Pete M said:

search the atlanta craigslist.  maybe that overpriced gold 86 is still for sale.  :L:  you'll need to bring a trailer. 

There's one a few hours away that I've had my eye on. 86 4x4 2.5, and it has a hidden winch bumper on it, no clue if the winch is present. I have a guy supposedly coming to look at the bike Saturday, so here's hoping.

Bike got sold so I've got a larger budget. That one in Baltimore is a good price, but I'm wanting as close to stock as I can get.

I've talked to a few guys, the one with the hidden winch bumper seems reluctant to send interior or engine bay pictures which is odd. I'm not really wanting to do a 12 hour road trip if I came at least get a shot of the interior and engine. Most other guys have just ignored my messages, so I guess they sold their trucks or don't want to sell em.