XJ and AM General Hummer Shared Armrests?

Dzimm

While watching a video on ChrisFix's Hummer I noticed the arm rest looks exactly like the XJ ones.  Anyone know for sure they are the same?  I looked around online and some forums mentioned they think the same ones were used in XJs but I couldn't find confirmation.  Thought it was interesting though.

IMG_20190831_163209.jpg.ed24a27d55f9d58e6b2f54a688ec2e04.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-162549.png

Screenshot_20190831-162542.png

Just realized the H1 ran until 2006 just like the TJ.  The last known AMC part on a new vehicle was the TJ door handles to my knowledge, if these armrests were actually shared with the H1, that could mean the armrests lasted just as long, if not potentially a couple months longer.

6 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

AM general and AMC were the same company until Renault enter the picture. The U.S. military told AMC that their contract is nulled due to outside involvement with military vehicles. So AMC sold AM general to the government.

Here's a useless bit of trivia for you.  Postal Jeeps (DJ's) can be found with either "Jeep" or "AM General" stamped on the back door.  My '76 has the "AMG" version, and my '84 has the "Jeep" style.  I don't have any idea if either one is original though.

8 hours ago, amsuco said:

Here's a useless bit of trivia for you.  Postal Jeeps (DJ's) can be found with either "Jeep" or "AM General" stamped on the back door.  My '76 has the "AMG" version, and my '84 has the "Jeep" style.  I don't have any idea if either one is original though.

I didn't know AMC put AM general on the back door. I watched a youtube video about a guys DJ and the back said "Jeep", but what really caught my eye was that the valve cover had a really big AMC logo and it said American Motors on it.

Kinda off the point but similar topic, what i found was in my 96 XJ with power window and lock when one of switch for window went bad so I got part at JY and notice there is a oval "Ford" right behind the switch :dunno: I never did a research on what model did Ford use those? Kinda weird to me but yea some different model or make share same parts.

14 minutes ago, MJXJjeepguy said:

Kinda off the point but similar topic, what i found was in my 96 XJ with power window and lock when one of switch for window went bad so I got part at JY and notice there is a oval "Ford" right behind the switch :dunno: I never did a research on what model did Ford use those? Kinda weird to me but yea some different model or make share same parts.

My underhood light has the ford logo on it but with a AMC part number. Remember AMC was like a kid in the candy store. They used parts from Ford, GM(mostly) and Chrysler with some in-house stuff of their own.