Pole saw rec

ftpiercecracker1

Super simple. Hit me with your battery powered pole saw recommendations. Pro-consumer grade ideally. I don't need commercial quality, but it can't be disposable. 

No gas

No cords

Batt only.

This is the one i really want. Its a bit pricey, well over $200 when you buy the battery and charger. Problem is, husqvarna is making it a real PITA to buy one, but i think it will be a good investment if i can find where to buy the damn thing.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/pole-saws/115ipt4/967867901/

You asked for thoughts...............

I have a wealthy customer who bought into the cordless lawn tool crap, chainsaw, weedeater, pole saw.............etc........

All laying in the corner of his garage collecting dust. 

Conversely, I bought an Echo trimmer precisely 10 years ago to the month, used in on multiple properties over the years (I mowed three properties per week for years), ZERO maintenance other than converting the spool. Carb finally bit the dust last month, rather than $84 for a new carb I replaced the trimmer three weeks ago with a new Echo. 

I'm all about cordless......love the electrics, but............S---- is just S----. 

I don't know how well it translates to mini-chainsaws, but I've been very pleased with our 40v Kobalt weedwacker.  would never go back to gas.  having said that, I have a Stihl chainsaw and love it too.  :D

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I've been very pleased with our 40v Kobalt weedwacker

Last thing I have to say........bouncing off your post............

It takes me about 2 hours to trim my grass here, lots of areas that are inaccessible with a tractor. Cordless is out of the question. 

As for the pole saw-

You are trimming your palm trees and you get down the last 4 palm fronds, unless you have multiple batteries............there you sit for 1.5 hours while you recharge. 

And the worst thing you can do is let your expensive battery packs idle for the off-season.

Well, i know a gas version would be the ultimate portable pole saw, but they are way out of my price range and i don't like fooling with mix gas if i can avoud it. 

I don't have a landscaping company, but I do light landscaping for various clients  as well as my own.

I guess I'll just have to take the plunge and let you know how it works.

I'm all about quality tools and I cheaped out and bought the Harbor freight battery blower to blow off the deck. Works good. Then I bought their pole saw and I have put many hours on it and it is still going. Just recently bought their hedge trimmer and have used it a fair bit. All came with batteries. I have 10 acres and keep about 8 of them real nice and trimmed and I would buy another if one of them broke.