Exhaust manifold bolts

Since you already installed it, I'd suggest hitting the bolts with a torque wrench a couple times over the next week or two.  Hopefully you did the initial install with a torque wrench and using the correct pattern.  They should not come loose.  I always put mine in with antiseize on them and they don't come loose.

If you're talking about the collector flange nuts, I double nut them.  Antiseize also.

4 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

Since you already installed it, I'd suggest hitting the bolts with a torque wrench a couple times over the next week or two.  Hopefully you did the initial install with a torque wrench and using the correct pattern.  They should not come loose.  I always put mine in with antiseize on them and they don't come loose.

If you're talking about the collector flange nuts, I double nut them.  Antiseize also.

Nah I mean at the head, but I’ll double check sequence but I’m sure i started at the bottom middle of the headers 

7 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

I think the factory torque spec was too low.

Probably.

I should have mentioned I torque them to standard as per the pattern, not whatever they spec.  I think they changed the torque on the 4.0 ones 3 or 4 times over the years.

Also I'm a 4.0 guy and didn't realize this is a 2.5 thread.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, DirtyComanche said:

Probably.

I should have mentioned I torque them to standard as per the pattern, not whatever they spec.  I think they changed the torque on the 4.0 ones 3 or 4 times over the years.

Also I'm a 4.0 guy and didn't realize this is a 2.5 thread.

They loosened up on both engines.

Just more prevalent on the 4 cylinder since there were fewer to loosen before issues began.

I have never "torqued" those bolts on any of them. Never had an issue. Just relied on experience. Using an extension screws up/lowers the torque. Can't get a socket on all of them anyway.......

The 4.0s at the dealer? 30,000 mile tune up?

Part of it was to snug those bolts as they were backing out.