Pictures of MJ race trucks,and prerunners

JEEP_cannible

I haven't looked through my pictures yet.I'm sure I have a few pictures from the Mickey Thompson stadium races in CA.The Craftsman trucks were actually built for short course racing.If I remember right there were 2 built for desert,and 2 for short course events.One of the (short course),drivers recently put his truck up for sale.I think I even saw pictures of it either in here or in the NAXJA forums.He's changed the paint,and it no longer has the Craftsman logos on it.Its really a shame,because the Craftsman jeeps were the most popular Jeeps in the series for about two years.They were pretty easy to tell apart back then.SCORE rules said that they had to have steel body's to run the 7S class,and all the stadium trucks ran fiberglass front fenders,and bed sides.

I can't lie I liked see that truck fly too.I think one of my fav's is the blue truck It looks like something I would drive.I'll post a DD from back in the day.These were some of my daily drivers.The VW'S are actually the same car rebuilt,and improved.When the LUV was done it was a stepside,had a relocated gas tank with filler's on both side of the rear,and two spare tire carriers over the top of it.Battery was also relocated to the bed,and had a small ammo can toolbox.3 shock on each corner with an optional 4th at the rear.Last seen in Riverside CA being driven away by a 16 year old as his first car.Wish I could find the finished pictures.

DD#.jpg

DD.jpg

DD2.jpg

On 4/18/2019 at 2:50 PM, ComancheKid45 said:

I always love seeing Racing pictures :L:

Here's a cool commercial featuring The Desert Team.

Haha that's a great use of a wrench.  Think I would have gone for one larger than 11/16" though.