Anyone had that problem? (Funny story)

MJXJjeepguy

I was curious about anyone had that kind of experience with calling junkyard, parts store or anywhere else u name it, and ask for comanche parts u need and they don't understand or never heard of name "comanche"? Well here is my story I have called quite few place, i can't remember how many but my guess about 7 or 8 anyway, the story, i called Andy's jeep salvage they have few junk jeep fpr parts and rebuild to sell just like davey's jeep well known up north in Ohio anyway back to story at andy's, i ask for jeep comanche parts and he said what? U mean commando or commander? :shhh: I said no it C O M A N C H E, and he said oh we only sell jeep parts. :laugh: i said well it is jeep model ok do you know XJ, WJ, ZJ, CJ and he said yeah yeah I know those model and i said ok u know MJ? He said the hack is that? And i said it jeep truck look like cherokee but have bed and all that and you know what funny he ask me?? Oh is that homemake cherokee truck?? :doh: and i said No No No it factory then he start get frustrated :furious2:and said well if I never heard of it mean i don't have it (hang down)

I think it so funny, :laugh2: i mean he is huge jeep fan and have all kind of old jeeps model but never heard of Comanche MJ? :dunno:Wow. 

Share ur story if u have a experience.

Daveys is near me . 

I went to unlimited Jeeps in Colorado three years ago because  my brother lives there ,they said they had a couple Comanches. So I drove the hour and a half to get there and show up and he says that I can go in the backyard to look  and they didn't have any Comanches. So I walked back in and asked where the Comanches were to one of mechanics working there and they said that they didn't have any Comanches and he asked what I was looking for. I told him I need tail lights and a fuel sending unit,  and he said Cherokees were the same and I said no they weren't. We argued for several minutes and eventually I said I'll put $100 that they are different and he wouldn't put his hand out to shake on it and it was right then and there that I decided to never go back .

10 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Daveys is near me . 

I went to unlimited Jeeps in Colorado three years ago because  my brother lives there ,they said they had a couple Comanches. So I drove the hour and a half to get there and show up and he says that I can go in the backyard to look  and they didn't have any Comanches. So I walked back in and asked where the Comanches were to one of mechanics working there and they said that they didn't have any Comanches and he asked what I was looking for. I told him I need tail lights and a fuel sending unit,  and he said Cherokees were the same and I said no they weren't. We argued for several minutes and eventually I said I'll put $100 that they are different and he wouldn't put his hand out to shake on it and it was right then and there that I decided to never go back .

:doh::roflmao:

I used to go to parts stores and look for parts for my '75 Bricklin. I'd use the cross reference parts. They come back with they needed year, make model engine etc. OK, 75 Bricklin SV1 351Windsor. Uh, what was that part number. Some places list parts for the Brick now.

When I registered my Comanche, I was told I could register it as a Truck or SUV. It was cheaper for the SUV by $2-3. Only had to wear the seat belts though, back then. I did tell them it was a Truck, but was given the option. I registered it as an SUV. I was pulled over twice, because of the car plates. The first time I showed them the registration, and away I went. Then next time I had 24 hours to correct it.

One of my brothers had a '72 SAAB Sonnett. A little sports car. I actually had position of it and a few others, until a few years ago. Crabby neighbor syndrome. Anyways, he pulled into a local SAAB dealer. 'Nice Ferrari." Oh, this is going to go well.

Mine was not at a part store/junk yard, but....

Some one once asked me who did the body work to convert it to a pick up.  ("It" meaning a Cherokee).

I told her it came that way.  She said "I didn't know Jeep made a pick up!"

I have gotten a few "Wow, you turned a cherokee into a pickup?"

And "Nice Ranger", "you put a JEEP logo on an S10?" and "Whats that?"

Funniest (to me) was my moms reaction to the purchase- she was picturing something the size of the old gladiators/J20's that her brothers had.  Was very confused when I pulled up in a puny, stock-height MJ!

9 hours ago, RustyRodder said:

I have gotten a few "Wow, you turned a cherokee into a pickup?"

And "Nice Ranger", "you put a JEEP logo on an S10?" and "Whats that?"

Funniest (to me) was my moms reaction to the purchase- she was picturing something the size of the old gladiators/J20's that her brothers had.  Was very confused when I pulled up in a puny, stock-height MJ!

"Jeep" logo on S10?! :applause::roflmao: