La Crosse WI, SWB Rollbar, Sliding Rear Window, Tailgate, AX-15

89 MJ

Hi!

I am trying to find a short box roll bar for my 89.

I am also looking for a sliding rear window for my truck, as it is a feature that my family has had in other trucks and I would like one for my truck.

I do not need but I would like a tailgate for my truck as mine has a lot of dents and a bit of rust.

I am also looking for an AX-15 as my truck is an early 89 with the Puke-goat.

I would consider traveling 1.5 hours to get parts.

I am parting out a 97 Cherokee. I would be interested in trading parts for parts.

I may also consider buying a whole truck for parts.

Thanks everybody,

Carter T.

I can probably help you out with the slider if you like.  There's one in the junkyard by me..if I can get it out in one piece.  I'll be up in Jefferson country WI at the end of the month for the Madison Classics.  Not sure how far you are from there... Let me know if there's any interest.

15 hours ago, JC4XJ2MJ said:

I can probably help you out with the slider if you like.  There's one in the junkyard by me..if I can get it out in one piece.  I'll be up in Jefferson country WI at the end of the month for the Madison Classics.  Not sure how far you are from there... Let me know if there's any interest.

Yeah I'm interested. Could you get me the name of the Junkyard because my family goes to Jefferson County in a couple of months?

Hey Guys, I've crawled around the southern half of the state of WI and I'm pretty sure I know of every MJ still in the yards around here. :)

There are some that have sliding rear windows and I can work on getting one if my travels allow for it in the next month or so. So that I don't over-pay, what price are you willing to pay for one? 

I have quite a few tailgates, let me dig through them this weekend and I'll send 89 MJ a PM regarding them.   

8 hours ago, 500 MJ said:

Hey Guys, I've crawled around the southern half of the state of WI and I'm pretty sure I know of every MJ still in the yards around here. :)

There are some that have sliding rear windows and I can work on getting one if my travels allow for it in the next month or so. So that I don't over-pay, what price are you willing to pay for one? 

I have quite a few tailgates, let me dig through them this weekend and I'll send 89 MJ a PM regarding them.   

I would like to pay $100 or less. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, JC4XJ2MJ said:

Junkyard is in Robbins, IL but I'll be in Jefferson at the end of the month.

Jeremy, it's easy, just bring a good utility knife, extra blades, elbow grease, and a lot of patients. Some of them come out in just a couple minutes and others take a half hour. Just depends on how old and how much glass sealer was used. Original will cut like butter and come out fast. The interior plastic being removed makes this easy and faster. At the very least remove back window plastic trim. 

39 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Jeremy, it's easy, just bring a good utility knife, extra blades, elbow grease, and a lot of patients. Some of them come out in just a couple minutes and others take a half hour. Just depends on how old and how much glass sealer was used. Original will cut like butter and come out fast. The interior plastic being removed makes this easy and faster. At the very least remove back window plastic trim. 

Yup, I've removed one once before.  Not terrible but still a pain.  Would not make a special trip for under $100 though.

• 2 weeks later...