Customish Clock Panels

So I have access to a 3D printer, Solidworks, and I have my old clock delete panel. I see people adding things to 91 clocks like the Mercedes temp sensor and stuff. So here’s my question. Would anyone be interested in a slightly customizable switch panel? I plan to make a blank in solid works and then I can cut holes for switches (square, round, or whatever you want), cut a hole for the temp sensors display, or whatever can physically fit in the panel. Would anyone like one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09d0c5b314745f48d0a18b3d745cea32.jpgda3ef25de149aba148d016a986c0b967.jpg well I felt like procrastinating some homework so here’s the blank that I drew up. I can add more fillets or adjust some measurements if need be. I will obviously print one and make sure it will fit correctly in my Comanche before trying to make them for others.

That is awesome. Perfect place to add about anything. Any idea what they would cost? I could see a definite use for this. I would believe you could sell quite a few considering it works also for the XJ platform. We all know there's a ton of those out there!

I made my own. 

I'd suggest you make all three panels.......hell, make a gauge panel while you're at it, a blank. 

I think it's a great idea, if you have the means, do it. 

If you are looking for a market-? Be ingenious and create something unique. The three small panels are useless anyway. 

The only problem you'll have if finding customers who are ambitious. 

eqQ9s4w.jpg

1 minute ago, SatiricalHen said:

i haven't really thought out price yet. I was just trying to gauge interest before spending too much time test fitting and designing different layouts.

No, you do for yourself, if others want to go along for the ride......then fine, but don't count on it. 

The only thing that would hold me back is the quality of 3D printed parts.......show me quality. 

No, you do for yourself, if others want to go along for the ride......then fine, but don't count on it. 

The only thing that would hold me back is the quality of 3D printed parts.......show me quality. 

I don’t really have a need for it, but figured I had the ability to do it where others do not. I may try to put my REM in the panel possibly, but we’ll see.

2 hours ago, JeepSchmidt O'Guinness said:

Did you happen to make a write up on the wiring and such?

Scroll through my build thread. 

If you have any specific questions let me know, I have something to say about the wiring but it may not apply. 

15 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

I made my own. 

I'd suggest you make all three panels.......hell, make a gauge panel while you're at it, a blank. 

I think it's a great idea, if you have the means, do it. 

If you are looking for a market-? Be ingenious and create something unique. The three small panels are useless anyway. 

The only problem you'll have if finding customers who are ambitious. 

eqQ9s4w.jpg

This, me likely. Way cool! More pics, info please!

82fce48c8bbafaf1c0bb3fafa4148884.jpg291cbce640aec24910356045010b52bf.jpg started working on a panel that would go where the fog light switch panel goes, I was talking to someone and they mentioned wanting to put a gauge in that location. Figured I’d give those panels a go as well.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:19 PM, SatiricalHen said:

i haven't really thought out price yet. I was just trying to gauge interest before spending too much time test fitting and designing different layouts.

I wouldn't design different layouts. Make them as a blank panel and let the buyers make their own holes.

I wouldn't design different layouts. Make them as a blank panel and let the buyers make their own holes.

I could do this as well. Personally I can’t cut straight to save my life. I figured printing with holes would guarantee straight evenly spaced holes.