Renix Header

I have been searching over on naxja to get an answer on aftermarket headers for the renix motors but have not found the answer I am looking for. I hope someone here has some input.

Q: 1990 4.0 Renix motor and I don’t want the EGR. Will a non-renix header fit on the Renix motor and without modifying the stock setup?? 

I hope that somebody has done this successfully.

HO exhaust manifold on Renix:

If you want to use the HO exhaust manifold, you must go with an HO headpipe and screw your O2 sensor into that headpipe. Standard Renix harness is plenty long to do so.
A bung can be welded into the HO manifold to accept the EGR tube also.

47 minutes ago, cruiser54 said:

HO exhaust manifold on Renix:

If you want to use the HO exhaust manifold, you must go with an HO headpipe and screw your O2 sensor into that headpipe. Standard Renix harness is plenty long to do so.
A bung can be welded into the HO manifold to accept the EGR tube also.

I am just going to go with a renix header and avoid all the guess work and modifications. Thank you. 

I too deleted my EGR-- I completely removed it, gutted and filled the EGR assembly block that goes onto the intake.  I cut off the EGR tube and welded up a plug on the renix header.  Also repaired my cracks and welded in gussets between the header tubes for added strength.  Finally, I added a flex tube just after the downpipe turned horizontal.

Just some ideas for you, amigo.  

6 hours ago, coolwind57 said:

I too deleted my EGR-- I completely removed it, gutted and filled the EGR assembly block that goes onto the intake.  I cut off the EGR tube and welded up a plug on the renix header.  Also repaired my cracks and welded in gussets between the header tubes for added strength.  Finally, I added a flex tube just after the downpipe turned horizontal.

Just some ideas for you, amigo.  

Thank you for the ideas!