How to remove paint from the rear lamps ?

---------------Wykryj językAfrikaansAlbańskiAmharskiAngielskiArabskiAzerbejdżańskiBaskijskiBengalskiBiałoruskiBirmańskiBośniackiBułgarskiCebuańskiChiński (tradycyjny)Chiński (uproszczony)ChorwackiCzeskiDuńskiEsperantoEstońskiFilipińskiFińskiFrancuskiGalicyjskiGreckiGruzińskiGudżaratiHausaHawajskiHebrajskiHindiHiszpańskiHmongIgboIndonezyjskiIrlandzkiIslandzkiJapońskiJawajskiJidyszJorubaKannadaKatalońskiKazachskiKhmerskiKhosaKirgiskiKoreańskiKorsykańskiKreolski haitańskiKurdyjskiLaotańskiLitewskiLuksemburskiŁacińskiŁotewskiMacedońskiMalajalamMalajskiMalgaskiMaltańskiMaoryjskiMarathiMongolskiNepalskiNiderlandzkiNiemieckiNjandżaNorweskiOrmiańskiPasztoPendżabskiPerskiPolskiPortugalskiRosyjskiRumuńskiSamoańskiSerbskiShonaSindhiSłowackiSłoweńskiSomalijskiSotho południowySuahiliSundajskiSyngaleskiSzkocki gaelickiSzwedzkiTadżyckiTajskiTamilskiTeluguTureckiUkraińskiUrduUzbeckiWalijskiWęgierskiWietnamskiWłoskiZachodniofryzyjskiZuluPolski

The previous owner painted the lamps. 
Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this paint from lamps? 
I do not have others, I want to save them.

20190113_151131.jpg

Before going to sanding find out if they are painted with acrylic paint.  Let some isopropyl alcohol(rubbing alcohol) sit on the paint.  If it starts to look visually cracked or get tacky then it is acrylic paint.  Otherwise it is another paint base that will be a bit more difficult to remove with chemicals that won't affect the plastic.

40 minutes ago, Eagle said:

But you have no idea what type of paint was used, so we can't do more than offer guesses. Why don't you try the alcohol test suggested, and report the results to us?

One step at a time.

I will try to check it out. (I'm 3 at night now) I'm worried about not hurting them. In England there is no part to Comanche.

31 minutes ago, siojo said:

I will try to check it out. (I'm 3 at night now) I'm worried about not hurting them. In England there is no part to Comanche.

Rubbing alcohol won't do any damage to them.  Just wipe with clean water when you finish. 

If the paint turns out to be something other than acrylic, sanding with fine sandpaper will take it off and won't damage them.  

On 2/14/2019 at 6:10 AM, DesertRat1991 said:

I used nail polish remover (acetone) to remove paint overspray from the tail lights. 

Whatever kind of plastic the tail lights are made from was unaffected by acetone.

Thats pretty amazing.  I always assumed the taill light lenses were made from ABS for the rear (reflector) half, and acrylic for the lens portion.   Neither of those plastic resins like to be exposed to pure acetone.   I wonder if the nail polish remover isn't really much acetone in the mix.

There is another possible choice for the OP:   ice blasting.   Ice blasting uses tiny ice particles to remove paint on soft/sensitive surfaces.  It's used to remove paint on the exterior of aircraft.   OP might try finding a paint shop at an airfield that does ice blasting.