Bought myself something

DirtyComanche

12 hours ago, MeanLemons said:

Look nice! 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

good color :D   what's the first mod going to be?

For remaining Unlimited Rubicons that were optioned how I wanted and in the province, I had the choice between black, white, or this one (Gobi).  Black and white are boring, so I went with the Gobi.  It's grown on me a lot.  I actually phoned the dealer about a used one that was red, and he talked me into a better optioned new one for the same price. :roflmao:

First mod will probably be a deadpedal, since it's an auto and I hate not having something to do with my left.

Of course one of the hubcaps departed since I took that picture...  Somewhere along the 1000km journey home with it.  So it's definitely gone.  I guess I'll get to see how good the warranty really is!

5 hours ago, neohic said:

You mean sometimes it’s okay to just buy a running/driving vehicle? :thinking: Wait... guess we didn’t see an engine picture yet. :peep:

It's actually new new. :roflmao:  Not 'new'' to me but previously enjoyed, not a 'new' lemon that they're trying to flog after buying back, not 'new' as in they rebuilt most of it with 'new' parts after something terrible happened.  I know, that's weird that'd I'd buy that, but after pricing every used Unlimited and Unlimited Rubicon in the entire province, I realized it made more sense just to buy new this time.  $9000 off sticker was what clinched it; FCA wants the last of the new JKs gone.

FWIW, I found a nice 2011 Unlimited with almost 300,000km and a blown engine, and the seller was firm at $10K.  I kept saying $6K because it was dead, and they kept saying it had a new alternator and recent brakes.  I'm not sure how useful a new alternator is on something with a hole in the engine, and I don't see needing the brakes at that point either.  That's how stupid the prices are for used ones...

12 hours ago, neohic said:

You mean sometimes it’s okay to just buy a running/driving vehicle? :thinking: Wait... guess we didn’t see an engine picture yet. :peep:

I've occasionally bought running vehicles.  That's a problem I know how to fix!

3 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

(did you just pull off a random highway next to a homeless encampment and snap a pic?)  LOL.

I wanted to stop at a proper lookout or something for a decent picture.  They were all either closed or in thick fog.  I stopped there to pee and didn't even notice the trash.  :roflmao: