interior lights

If you elaborate just a bit I'm sure somebody will have a suggestion/source.  There are a bunch of interior lights and bulbs.  What exactly are you looking to fix?  Instrument cluster lights? Under dash lights?  Dash accessory lights?  Overhead dome light?  B-pillar lights? 

There are a couple options for replacement B pillar lights.

Comanches are wired for courtesy lights under the dash.  There are two different connector versions 86-89, and 90-92 (up to 96 for XJs).

There is factory wiring to add a light for the ashtray.  They can be sourced from higher trim level XJs.

There is a light in the glove box, if it doesn't work it could be a bad bulb or sticky switch in the latch mechanism.

I usually have some courtesy lights, S10 Blazer B pillar light replacements and ashtray lights.  All I have right now are ashtray lights.  The older stuff is getting harder to find.

It would help to know exactly what you are asking about.:L:

huh, I don't think I've ever seen an ash tray light. I guess I need to add it to my list when searching the junkyards now. I already grab every clock I see. My cigarette lighter in the Comanche looks like it has the green ring around it like it should light up, but I'm not sure what the deal is with it. There is definitely a lot less light in my Comanche than there is in my 99 Cherokee. I saw a post somewhere that a guy had put some kind of rear view mirror in that had lights in the bottom of it. I plan to do that in the future, but there are a few other pressing matters before I get to it and see how it all works.

Here is a pic of the under dash courtesy lights with the pre 90 type connectors, a headlight delay relay, and the ashtray light.  The mounting screw is accessed through the ashtray opening, on the upper driver side.  Right next to it is the slightly larger opening for the light itself.

Some of the XJ cigar lighters are illuminated.  Bulb might be burnt out, it's common.

f2be0cf5877be87b3ef9c5c9ed195715.jpg

s-l1600.jpg