MJ specific center console cup holders

Gjeep

Wasn't sure where to post this but I saw this listing on ebay yesterday...I had no idea they had made MJ specific center console cupholders. These MJ/ XJ items were sold through Jeep dealers originally (and a similar product is still being sold for XJ's aftermarket). It has the 'delete' for the XJ ebrake. Learn something new every day...

MJ cup.png

Ahh, I knew the '92 had a bench so I assumed it was for the '89.

I was thinking of possibly mounting my winch switches on the front of the XJ cupholder, keeping them within easy reach, the MJ one seems better since it's enclosed.

I had a couple options I thought about other than the switch pods that I ended up going with... An on/off for the winch as a GM high beam floorboard mounted on/off switch with the winch in/out located on the center console or on the power door switch (door mounted) --- for you since you have manual windows and locks, I'd suggest a DRIVER'S SIDE rear door XJ power window switch. It has 5 wires going to the switch, which is exactly what you need and is a momentary switch -- which is also exactly what you need. You'll want to get a snipet at least of the wiring harness that goes to the switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/84-96-Jeep-XJ-Cherokee-Rear-Driver-Power-Window-Switch-Door-Handle-/372178555721

This is an example of the part, but it is passenger side. You'll need the driver's side of it.

xj.JPG

12 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Shop around.  I paid $11.00 shipped for a new one. 

08222014 007.jpg

Yours is different from the one listed on eBay. See how yours has a slot for the e-brake. Look at the other one there is no slot for the e-brake. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, kook911 said:

Yours is different from the one listed on eBay

EDIT:

Keen eye.  I guess if you're a purist that would make a difference.  The cool thing is, my coffee mug handle fits right in the slot for the e-brake.  :L: 

The actual cup holders are full of loose change.

2 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

I wouldn't pay anything for that style cupholder...  It doesn't actually hold a cup, so it's not much good...

It'll hold very specific shapes of drinks... until you decide to make a turn over 15mph.