Hornbrod....what a day

mjeff87

Not too many, but I'm done for the day.

I had to feed the inlaws lunch today and was sick of cooking so I ordered a pizza from the local place down the road.  I took MIL's car, drove it about 400 feet and promptly put it back in the driveway because the right front wheel bearing was so loud it was scary.  Mind you, they drove down here from PA on Tuesday, and are driving back tomorrow.  I told her her bearing was SHOT, and she said "yeah, I know".  Her mechanic said not to worry about it until it starts squealing:nuts:

I'm heading down to the parts store early AM to get a new bearing and will fix it before they try driving 300 miles home.  She'd rather go out shopping today with my wife (in my wife's car) and spend a couple hundred $$$ on some useless clothing instead of fixing her car.

2 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

First, Arby's releases a Miller High Life beer can chicken sammich.

The the Tide rolls over Auburn.

How much betterer can your day get?:laugh:

Aye matey, it has been a good day. Not because the Tide crushed Auburn (fully expected, they were still pissed off from last year and wanted revenge), but the Arby's Beer Can Chicken Sandwich. I looked it up:

Ingredients:  "Beer Can Chicken sandwich features beer-marinated smoked chicken with melted cheddar cheese, crispy onions, pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato and garlic aioli on a toasted specialty roll."

1d9c366a-9e51-4f64-976e-cfd026ebd71f-ARB

Can you imagine sucking 20+ ice cold High Lifes and inhaling one or two of the above while watching Bama kick Ohio State's azz in the national championship? Life is good if that happens....  

35 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Ingredients:  "Beer Can Chicken sandwich features beer-marinated smoked chicken with melted cheddar cheese, crispy onions, pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato and garlic aioli on a toasted specialty roll."

1d9c366a-9e51-4f64-976e-cfd026ebd71f-ARB

Damn. I can feel my arteries plugging up just at the sight of that.

42 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Can you imagine sucking 20+ ice cold High Lifes and inhaling one or two of the above while watching Bama kick Ohio State's azz in the national championship? Life is good if that happens....  

It  depends on which Ohio State team shows up , the one that played today (with a few less penalties) or the one that's played the rest of the year . 

This is all pending upon what Ohio state team shows up against Northwestern next week lol . 

Ohio took Michigan to school today.

I'm not a big college football fan, but my FIL is.  That is, when he is awake while watching tv.  I've watched more college football in the last 2 days than I think I've watched in my whole life combined.  Some of it he was awake for even:laugh:

6 minutes ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

It  depends on which Ohio State team shows up , the one that played today (with a few less penalties) or the one that's played the rest of the year . 

This is all pending upon what Ohio state team shows up against Northwestern next week lol . 

Picking Ohio State for the Bama opponent in the national championship game was just a hope, because I hate State and would love to see them annihilated. Only because of the azzrag coaches they have had throughout the years, from the original fool Woody to the current fool, Urban.

But most likely I'm thinking Notre Dame will get in; Bama and the Irish would be a hell of a game..

7 minutes ago, Keyav8r said:

My SIL and granddaughter have bought their plane tickets.  No game tickets, but they’re ready to go!

Will they still travel if some horrible fluke occurred and Bama doesn't make it to the big show? What would be the point of going?   :laugh: