Radios & Dash Controls

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

ain't nobody got time for that :D   at least I got it mostly right :grinyes:

not having my own computer has made my usually discombobulated brain even more so.  :Screen_of_Death:

Don't feel bad, both of my towers went down on the same day about a week ago. 

One has been replaced and the other is awaiting parts because I cannot afford to replace it. 

mine is still a brick sitting on the floor of the trailer because I'm on vacation and won't be able to start a diagnosis for another day or 2.  :fistshake1:  the not knowing what's lost is just the worst. 

Did anyone figure out what the two rectangular ones on the LEFT side were for?  On a 87MJ there was something on the most left one that is broken. I don't know what if it was for a switch or indicator light or what it was for.

20181005_180033.jpg

1 hour ago, Manche757 said:

Did anyone figure out what the two rectangular ones on the LEFT side were for?  On a 87MJ there was something on the most left one that is broken. I don't know what if it was for a switch or indicator light or what it was for.

20181005_180033.jpg

XJs used the same dash bezel.  Those two spaces had  rear window wiper and defroster switches.  MJs did not have either switch.

26 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

I ran across this when looking something else up. Notice what is ALREADY installed in the space. Copied and pasted from another thread.

HOrnbrod

HOrnbrod

Moderatorsstaff.png

19799 posts Location: Sweet Home Alabama

You mean this? It appeared in 84-86 XJs and Wagoneers - rarely.

154_1305_03+cherokee_nation_small_wagon_

So now what?

53 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

JeepDriver, who we all love and adore, I do believe  you must have a burr up your ....

No, not at all. 

I can count on one hand the guys here who have interesting trucks, guys who are doers not BSers. 

Kelly, Kabowabo, KansasHogan, Gjeep, and maybe a few others. 

Each time I come here I hope to see or read something interesting, challenging...........very very rarely. 

Do something, photograph it, video it, discuss it.............DO SOMETHING!

JeepDriver, when I read your reply, the first thing I noticed was that the animus is not consistent with the stimulus.  Your comment lauds 4 members "and a few others". It excludes more than 99% of the members and nonmember readership,  It gives no consideration for those that keep the thread active, readable and enjoyed by many.  If you find CC annoying and beneath you, the solution would be not to read it. 

4 hours ago, Manche757 said:

JeepDriver, when I read your reply, the first thing I noticed was that the animus is not consistent with the stimulus.  Your comment lauds 4 members "and a few others". It excludes more than 99% of the members and nonmember readership,  It gives no consideration for those that keep the thread active, readable and enjoyed by many.  If you find CC annoying and beneath you, the solution would be not to read it. 

Of course this requires a response-

Any given time of any given day there is an average of 50 viewers at CC. Of those 50 there are about 6 participants who actually participate in answering questions, those who actually have something to contribute, I could name them but then you'd accuse me of excluding someone. Those are the facts. 

Just so you know- 

I can point to a forum I belong to with about 70,000 registered users, any given time there are about 15-20,000 logged in, of those logged in there are about 30-50 contributors.

Statistically, CC is on par with larger forums, the numbers are smaller, content moves slower. For those of us at CC, the content gets read and scrutinized, it's not as though the Tech page gets run out every 3-4 hours, here, maybe every 3-4 days.

CC is a niche forum with very limited subject matter who's members have a very narrow POV on that subject matter. 

Do you read? Do you study? Do you contact manufactures to inquire about their products?

In your other thread, you asked at least three times about grades of chrome, the answer is- of course not. American Racing does not offer the same steel chromed wheel in grade A, B, or C. I wouldn't and I don't know anyone personally who has bought a chrome steel wheel in the last decade, don't know why you would either since your concern is rust. 

I answered your question, the grade of chrome is relevant to the grade of wheel. You want a high grade of chrome that will last? buy a high grade wheel from a manufacture who stands behind their products, a forged chrome wheel from Fuel will run you about $400++ each. Apparently you don't like my answer or you just don't want to hear it. 

Do your homework, present your findings, then you'll have something to offer. 

No, I don't believe that too many readers enjoy open-ended go-nowhere do-nothing threads. 

20 hours ago, Manche757 said:

Well killer, it is just another variation for you to identify.

the unit in the dash is an aftermarket item.  :L: 

as to the other half of this thread, please take it to PMs.