So I have a 99 XJ that I've had about 16 years , originally had 37k miles on it and now it has 142k miles . It has now reached the point that I don't have the desire to fix the extent of rust it has (only to have it come back ) . It looks good in the pictures but not in person ... 

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

I picked it up this morning and started to tear it apart because the interior is trashed, the PO used the interior as an ashtray and it has seen better days . I will be putting the Agate interior in and it was included in the purchase price of the Cherokee, I just have to go and pull the parts myself. 

As mentioned before it's really solid except for one spot ... the passenger front floor . 

IMG_0736.JPG

6 minutes ago, sinkrun said:

Looks WAY beter than mine I don't even see any rust and I know how it shows up on white.

I spent some time on it and did some quick bodywork to make it look better . I went through the Jeep and replaced the brakes , gave it an oil change , scrubbed the interior, put a new exhaust and O2 sensors on it for the next owner (whoever that will be ..) 

Sold my original Cherokee last Saturday to the first person that came to look at it . It  was hard to see it go after having it for 16  years, but it had to be done ... 

I went today and grabbed the interior I'll be installing in my new Cherokee, after searching through a 100 XJs I found a limited interior in good shape . 

On a side note , I forgot how many more interior pieces a XJ had than an MJ ( I got my work cut out for me ) . 

IMG_0753.JPG

6 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

The never-ending rust fight. Looks like you are winning.   :beerchug:

For now lol. It was a lesson learned on the last XJ , I'm taking more steps to try to prevent / prolong the rust . I'll be using fluid film as I've seen good results using it on my DD MJ , I'll be happy to get 5 to 10 years out of it ( longer would be great ) 

10 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

Also will be installing this as well , a big thanks goes out to Rob (automan2164 on here ) for selling this NOS mopar subwoofer. Can't wait to hear how it sounds ... 

IMG_0768.JPG

:jammin:  I love rare nos things.

29 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

That sub would be nice in an MJ spare under the bed too. You would really have to crank it up though when underway. 

:laugh:

I already have a Borla that provides the soundtrack from down there.