Bosch 746 Install

So I got the 746s installed today, idles better and appears to have a little bit more get up and go, the verdict is still out. 

During the install I noticed a couple of things, first off the fuel rail had been off before, one of the brackets that holds it in place was missing a bolt along with one new injector. Evidently the PO had installed the new one. 

One MAJOR thing I ran across was there didn’t appear to be any type of clip holding the gas line onto the fuel rail towards the front of the engine. Once I removed the one hole bracket that holds it in place along with the vacuum block, not sure of the correct name for that, it basically just pulled out. 

Now I’m thinking this can’t be right, what’s to hold it it place and not vibrate out. The small one hole strap does not securely hold it as the gas line can actually move in it. 

So, what am I missing? I did find some generic fuel line clips for fuel rails at autozone but it is not sealing off. Right now the line is just pushed up into the housing but it’s not leaking. 

If it does need a clip does anyone have a part number for it??

Here are a couple of pics:

I

07F897EE-30CC-4762-9765-A3D8AAA50886.jpeg

51F4F73C-3950-41AD-8D09-B3D4A59CBA16.jpeg

ABE1B5DA-1790-4990-9003-B29DFF8FB553.jpeg

So I got the new crown part today and tried installing, for some reason I can’t get it to seal off. It just isn’t snapping in like I think it should. Honestly I’m not 100% sure of the o-ring orientation. I tried putting all 3, actually 1 of them looks like a spacer, in front of the crimped ring on the tubing and then tried 1 behind the crimp and 1 oring and spacer in front of the crimp. I’m attaching pics of what was sent, not sure what the plug is inside the plastic coupling is for, my tubing will definitely not fit into it. 

Can an someone tell me if I have the orings in the correct place or what I could possibly be doing wrong?

471336B0-446C-4EF6-AED8-C491A27C623E.jpeg

B6A6DB59-C3FB-44B1-A1FA-CDB9F1BB4C1C.jpeg

B012EBC1-B7A5-45F6-AD36-19917BD83E9A.jpeg

The o-ring orientation is correct, o-ring-spacer-o-ring, now slide the butterfly thing over the fuel tube/o-rings (wide part first) and press the assembly into the pressure regulator.

That center part is not needed it's to keep the o-rings and spacer in place in the package.

3 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

The o-ring orientation is correct, o-ring-spacer-o-ring, now slide the butterfly thing over the fuel tube/o-rings (wide part first) and press the assembly into the pressure regulator.

That center part is not needed it's to keep the o-rings and spacer in place in the package.

Your description is exactly the way I had it set up but still will not go in 100% enough to “snap into place”. I’ll try it again tomorrow, sometimes if you just walk away from a problem and go back to it things work out, well at least it has worked for a few times like that in the past. 

I've had problems with both the C.R.A.P. Crown 5/16" and 3/8" fuel line repair kits in the past. Get a Mopar kit (same p/n) and it will snap in properly and not leak - ever. It's just not worth it to save a couple of bucks.

1 hour ago, Big Dan said:

That's my bad. I didn't check. I thought it was NLA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My dealer said no, and wanted to get me the Crown one for $46.  I told them to pound sand.

So it may be available, but there might not be stock.

Mopar parts not being available in Canada doesn't necessarily reflect US availability. The odd time I've been into a dealer and they've mentioned having to bring the part from the States, it seems like it inflates the price quite a bit, and frequently it could take almost a month to get it. It wouldn't surprise me if some parts guys have just stopped suggesting that option. Seems like most people don't want to wait that long. 

You guys have it rough in Canada. Your wheeler-dealers sound like a bunch of non-helpful azzrags.  :laugh:  I go to my local dealer - if he doesn't have the part and can get it from another US dealer, he gets it and charges me normal retail. Don't know if all US dealerships are like that, but my little local dealer is. Maybe because we have purchased a few vehicles from them in the past helps too.   :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

You guys have it rough in Canada. Your wheeler-dealers sound like a bunch of non-helpful azzrags.  :laugh:  I go to my local dealer - if he doesn't have the part and can get it from another US dealer, he gets it and charges me normal retail. Don't know if all US dealerships are like that, but my little local dealer is. Maybe because we have purchased a few vehicles from them in the past helps too.   :thumbsup:

Lucky. The Chrysler dealership here is awful. So much so that I order stuff online even if I KNOW I can get it at the local dealer.

That's normally the way it works here too. Parts move across the country pretty regularly. Even big things like transmissions can be overnighted without added shipping costs. It's just when it needs pulled up from down south. I suspect a lot of it could be waiting for bulk parts shipments to clear customs.

19 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

I've had problems with both the C.R.A.P. Crown 5/16" and 3/8" fuel line repair kits in the past. Get a Mopar kit (same p/n) and it will snap in properly and not leak - ever. It's just not worth it to save a couple of bucks.

Ordered the Mopar part today from my local Jeep dealership, should have it tomorrow. A little pricey at $42 but at least I’ll have some peace of mind about not worrying about the fuel line coming loose. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. 

Will update the post after installation. 

Thx,

Griff

On 7/26/2018 at 9:26 PM, HOrnbrod said:

Picked up the Mopar part, worked like a champ. I got a Crown part if anyone needs it. Lol

Griff04