more detailed searchs

7 minutes ago, kryptronic said:

The search is weak.  Maybe we need to update it or get a plugin.  There are no real controls like you would expect (AND, OR, NOT, params, etc).  "keyless entry" will hit on anything with "keyless" or "entry" in it. 

There's an option to select the phrase "keyless entry" (or any other phrase) after the first search.

17 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

My "keyless entry" search only finds keyless entry. Seems to be working fine for me. Tried searching both 'signed in' and 'signed out', same results.

strange, couple days ago I had sifted through pages of posts trying to find any reference to keyless entry. just tried it now and low and behold all the results that were scattered through several pages, are now on the first page! I like it.

maybe someone read my post and pulled some strings or something. but I'm still not impressed.

BTW...….out of the blue about a month ago I started getting email notification emails again...………..sha na na na na na na na na na na na na naaa     

I have found that most forum search engines are rather clunky, not all, most. 

I have had better results searching outside the forum, google- 'keyless entry comanche club'.

You may also find more information that way. 

Also, depends on spelling, is it keyless or key-less or key less? Most weak search engines are spelling dependent. 

1 hour ago, Jeep Driver said:

I have had better results searching outside the forum, google- 'keyless entry comanche club'.

Right on.  Even better is a direct site query at Google, with quotes to match exact phrase:

site:comancheclub.com "keyless entry"

20 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

There's an option to select the phrase "keyless entry" (or any other phrase) after the first search.

I played around a bit, there is an option there that I read past every time I did a search (and I bet others did too).  Thanks for pointing it out.  It's still not the best search engine, but that definitely makes it usable.  I've opened a tech job on this to look into further.  There has to be a way to get defaults set and get the engine itself running better.

the hardest issue to overcome will always be that there are a plethora of ways to refer to the hunk of metal behind the engine that shifts gears around.  :(   even google doesn't know that Peugeot, ba-10, ba-10/5 puke-goat, transmission, tranny, giantpileofcrap, boat anchor, etc are all needed in the search.