Took the MJ for a (real) road trip

DirtyComanche

16 hours ago, rokinn said:

I loved the photos of the Canadian Rockies.  Really nothing like them, even the U.S. Rockies, which are still pretty fabulous.  Want to take my MJ and cruise up there.  Maybe visit some long lost relatives.  My mother didn't realize she wasn't an American citizen until she tried to get a US passport later in life.  My grandfather was a tree topper on Vancouver island during the depression where the younger half of her family was born.  Thanks :beerchug:

That's an interesting story about your family.  I definitely recommend you take time to do the trip at some point.  There's some more interesting places that we didn't hit, but I planned this to be a pretty quick tour.

14 hours ago, Wiggilez said:

Depending when you were in lac louise we may have just missed each other.

It would have been mid afternoon on the 7th, if I have my dates right. :waving:

4 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

That's an interesting story about your family.  I definitely recommend you take time to do the trip at some point.  There's some more interesting places that we didn't hit, but I planned this to be a pretty quick tour.

It would have been mid afternoon on the 7th, if I have my dates right. :waving:

I was just there on the 15th so not even close haha.

It's kinda odd to see someone else posting pics of my "back yard", haha. It was good to meet you too, Dirty. Hope that column works out for you.

On July 17, 2018 at 5:37 PM, Wiggilez said:

I was just there on the 15th so not even close haha.

Well if you saw a couple scruffy losers and a French chick changing the radiator in a ZJ in the parking lot behind the Husky just off the highway, that was me, haha. 

On 7/15/2018 at 9:31 PM, DirtyComanche said:

After having dinner in Valemount, we tried to climb Canoe Mountain.  I have done this trip before, and the view is incredible as you wind up on a cliff face well above tree line.  Alas the Comanche was not interested, too hot of a day, too much grade, and I didn't want to risk hurting the engine.  Only a few more switchbacks and we would have been to the treeline, but I put tail between legs and let her cool down and turned around.

20180705_184039.jpg

Kind of curious about this.  What's your tire size and gear ratio?  

Also, did you happen to track your gas mileage on this trip?

29 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Kind of curious about this.  What's your tire size and gear ratio?  

Also, did you happen to track your gas mileage on this trip?

Tires are 265/70R17 (stolen from a JK), so they work out to 31.6" in theory.  Gears are 3.55 (automatic gears) with a AX-15, which basically puts it back to stock ratio.

Fuel economy was not calculated due to the failed speedometer/odometer, but eyeballing consumption vs the GPS indicated that it was pretty much normal, which is about 17mpg.  I can get about 400km out of 55L of fuel.