LIFTS??

hey I'm looking to clear 33's until spring or until i can afford the lifts and mods for 35's. what works for you guys and what would you suggest? i like mudding mostly but also some minor crawling and whatnot highway ride dosent really matter to me cause i don't drive fast or nothing.

a few questions before you can get answers.

Willing to cut the body for clearance?

what width 33's?

how much backspacing on the wheels?

Do you have a welder/friends that could weld perches on an axle for you?

The easiest suggestions is to go spring over on the rear, and then match it up front with 4.5" coils and a spacer to level it out.

Skyjacker makes a 3" kit with a full length AAL, it's not been horrible for the year I've had it.

I fit 34's, but they're skinny, and I cut the snot out of the fenders.

You could easily clear with a 3" and cutting. If you plan to go bigger later you might want to consider the SOA rear and a matching lift up front. That way you just have to add a leaf or 2 in the rear and bigger springs up front to go higher.

Cole

alright so i think I'm gonna do an SOA eventually and i don't want to do AAL cause they are lame id rather shackles. what would you guys reccomend: 3 inch, SOA or tj flares(how big of tire can i run with TJ flaers with no lift and how wide of flares)? thanks

keep it stock height, relocate the flares and you'll clear 31's no problem.

I'd say do 31's until you're ready to go SOA.

No sense in spending money twice.

I'll assume you've got a D35 rear as well, so 31's will keep it from exploding.

When you go SOA, swap in a 44 or an 8.8

Not stock unless you completely remove them and the inners. Mine had 31s with a budget 1.5" front and it rubbed on the inners at full stuff. Now with 3"s of lift you should fit them nicely. You can look at my project thread and see mine with TJ flares but just so you know I'm at close to 7.5" or so in the front with 35s. It might help you compare. I also got a pic somewhere of the truck on 33s with 7 or so up front and cut flares i can try to find it tomm for you. Just advice from someone who didnt do what they wanted first time. if you know where you are going with it as far as max hight and stuff and max tires and what axles if they are being swapped just go ahead and save the money and do it and for now go cheap as possible. You will be disappointed throwing 500 into it now just to rip it all out later. Some stuff you may want to go for now so you don't have to get them later if you do lift it now would be get adjustable stuff that will work up to the lift you want max later and then some. Good luck and do lots of research so you make a truely educated desision on this you wil not regret it then.

Cole

well about 15 mins ago my frind said hell give me an axlehousing off of an XJ and i put my 4.10s in it for $10 and then his xj shackles and discos for $25 and then ill do cougar coils up front with all the goodies. so i have the option of going higher but i think ill be set with 4" and empty wells with tj flares, should gimme enough room for 35's or 34 can't decide. but thats all for this truck for a few years its a dd and I'm 16 w/out a job unless i can do my homework so i do need to keep gas in mind. yeah thanks for the help and all if you think theres gonna be a problem let me know

find out what the XJ axle is, no sense in sticking another D35 in there. It's about the same amount of work to put an 8.8 under the truck, since you'll be welding perches anyway.

MJ shackles are longer than XJ shackles, so unless he had some 3" lift shackles on his XJ you're probably going to end up with little or no lift from them.

2" chevy drop shackles will lift it an inch in the rear, mine came from summit, they were cheap.

Yeah well the xj axle is $10 and has perches set up for SOA and 4'' is good enough for now until i get money for a SYE, CV and bigger tires. if any of you guys have front end lift parts (4-5") and are interested in selling them i might eb a buyer for em

c-clip is in the rear differential and its what holds the axleshaft in the carrier...if you break an axleshaft the entire brake assembly, tire and busted part of the shaft will come out of the housing...D35 with anything bigger than 31's are not your friend...save your money for a chryco 8.25 or a 8.8...much stronger and youll be much more happy