LIFTS??

Check the width of it and the lug pattern is going to be Diff. You might find a XJ D44 for that if you look hard or even a 8.8. Also you shouldnt need a SYE unless you go Way above the 4"s your doing. I have close to 7.5 or more on mine and have a extended rear shaft and i have never had an issue at full flex. I wouldnt worry with it unless you go coilover or something really flexy in the rear and even then i would consider limit straps.

Cole

yeah cutting it up to fit tires 33's will be easy with about 3'' lift.

i had 6.5'' lift on my xj and i hit at full stuff, but i didn't have anything cut.

i could easily have cleared 35's with some cutting.

Have you check any local JY they would have a explorer with a 8.8 in it prob and if its a U-Pull yard then it would be cheap. The same applys to the 44 if you could find something with one in it. The 8.8 is strong and they have alot of the same ratios as stock MJs. ON the note of the Chevy axle if you get the rear try for the front and put them both in so the width matches as well as the lug pattern.

Cole

thanks. the 94 1500 is ifs and its not worh doing a swap for that. ill call around tomarrow for the rear end but I'm in no quick rush to get a rear end seeing a i have to be able to buy it and to do that i have to have a job which means i have to have c average or better in my classes :headpop: :mad:

Well you could find a front from another chevy with the same Lug pattern and width I'm sure. Just have to dig. I waited almost 2 years to find a D44 and ended up getting a great deal on it plus it was off a MJ and was ready for SOA. Good luck in school i don't miss that.

Cole

yes it would have the diff on the wrong side. what is a resonable price for a used rear axle out of an exploder?
\

depends.

Try your best to get one with the calipers and all the brake stuff intact, otherwise you'll have 2-300 bucks in the brakes.

Pete delivered mine for what $175? I forget, anyway, it was complete, and I'm running the rotors and pads that came form the junkyard.

So, my 8.8 axle swap cost me

Axle $175

Perches $8

right side brake hose $25

Spicer flange adapter $30

so $230 total, it was geared to match the front.

I cleaned the ford brackets off, welded new perches on and filled it full of gear oil and went wheeling.

You'll want to get an HD diff cover, the stock one is thin as paper.