Who knows?

c44bb9da363c9c2749f91113b1e81145.jpg&key=f6baca500adef17c747c7b2f43183a59d0937dc2ca248124e999abe7e3966160

What relays am I looking at here?

9a8b562eba9bc9541c4d266a8d3e8d43.jpg&key=6f3d3cc895271120fbea200a03f8db8ebb2680df6054d8aeb3a37d5d10026eba

What is this and what’s its purpose?

The canister is the evaporative or charcol canister. It's part of the emissions system.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Assuming you're talking about the cylinder bolted to a bracket on the top of the frame rail, center of the second pic, that is your charcoal canister/evap canister.  It 'stores' the gas vapours from the gas tank, and a valve in it allows them to be vented into the intake when the engine is running.

You can delete it in some jurisdictions.

Assuming you're talking about the cylinder bolted to a bracket on the top of the frame rail, center of the second pic, that is your charcoal canister/evap canister.  It 'stores' the gas vapours from the gas tank, and a valve in it allows them to be vented into the intake when the engine is running.

You can delete it in some jurisdictions.

Great thanks! I’m working through an mpg issue. Does it have any affect? What would be the pros/cons of removing it? How can I find out if I need it in CA (probably)?

Also, I just replaced my map sensor, the one I pulled off was from a GM (previous egr valve was off a Le Mans), idk what else the PO poo poo’d.

Anyone know what effect having the incorrect map and egr would have?

So far I’ve replaced: iac, tps, o2, egr valve&solenoid, map....anything else I should do before moving on to the injectors and fue pump?

(Fuel filter also replaced)

87 XJ WAGONEER I-6 NP242 AW4

2 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

It won't affect MPG unless there is something really weird going on.

And if you remove it in CA you'll probably go to jail.

It WILL affect MPGs if you don`t plug the hoses properly, don`t just let them hanging...

very soon in CA you won`t be allowed to fart...

If it were me, I would start with grounds and vacuum lines. Its time consuming but cheap. It is also a good starting point to learn how everything works. Lots of things work off vacuum especially on pre- high output (90 and down) On these it even could be a matter of 4wd or not. Its hard to tell what you have really from the pics since the overflow bottle is there and maybe not original to the truck. The oil filter is still vertical which makes me lean renix as well as the ports by relays. A bigger pic of the whole engine bay would give people a better perspective to know more whats going on under there.

the canister traps the stinky fumes that come out of the gas tank when it warms up and then lets the engine suck them in to be burned.  without it there's a decent chance of your truck smelling like gas on warm days.

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

If it were me, I would start with grounds and vacuum lines. Its time consuming but cheap. It is also a good starting point to learn how everything works. Lots of things work off vacuum especially on pre- high output (90 and down) On these it even could be a matter of 4wd or not. Its hard to tell what you have really from the pics since the overflow bottle is there and maybe not original to the truck. The oil filter is still vertical which makes me lean renix as well as the ports by relays. A bigger pic of the whole engine bay would give people a better perspective to know more whats going on under there.

That's a Renix.  HO has totally different wiring.

It’s renix. I did cruisers tips already (you mentioned grounds) and replaced all vac lines, except for cruise control which I plugged and deleted bc the stalk is broken.

It’s run rich since I bought it and just just been workin my way through. Someone put the orange top Ford injectors on, not sure if that had anything to do with the mismatched egr and map sensor. I’m trying to get back to stock, minus the injectors—want to keep the 4 ports although I’m not sure if these particular ones are compatible. Haven’t done a fuel pressure test yet. Anyone know what specs I should aim for?

It WILL affect MPGs if you don`t plug the hoses properly, don`t just let them hanging...

very soon in CA you won`t be allowed to fart...

How so? I’ll double check to make sure all connections to the canister are good, again this isn’t the vacuum reservoir canister to be clear.

I'm leaning seriously towards the fuel rail injectors etc now since you gave us that info.

Is your throttle body stock or has it been modified and does it have a cold air intake?

What is the part # on the intake? I wonder if someone converted it to h.o. mixn and matchn parts. Sorry bout the jiberish I'm drivn now. Yeah I'm that guy. Pics of engine bay would b huge help.