'91 Comanche H.O. Build

On 10/31/2020 at 10:56 AM, rosco11 said:

It's a mystery from the previous owner, I'm thinking cb antennas..maybe?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

look like a great place to mount some backup lights. :L: 

• 1 year later...

How about a project update after a solid year and a half of no new news?!?  Here we go! We can start with about 4 years ago I met this amazing girl while on a work trip in Washington. We traveled together and made a long distance relationship work for over 3 years. A short time after Covid19 spread across the country, I lost my job in a company restructure. Carly and I took advantage of that crap situation and we decided to get together and I made the move from Houston to Washington. The MJ was not running at the time with a suspected fuel pump problem. I decided to go ahead and coordinate shipping the truck up once I had made the move. Major props and thanks to my dad for having a mechanic friend of his stop by and swap in a new fuel pump I had ordered. Started right up!

I immediately started getting truck transport bids and got one set up to deliver. Carly and I were living in her apartment at the time but it had a nice parking garage. My dad coordinated the load up of the Jeep and the driver made his way across country. A few days later he showed up right outside the apartment building and had it unloaded. I drove it to it's new designated spot in garage. Fun driving with no shocks yet..haha! 

Since then, we have bought a home, got engaged and now the Comanche has a nice garage to call it's own! I'm looking forward to the next couple of projects. I'd say we are about 80-85% done with the full build plan!  More to come..stay tuned!  Thanks for following along!

Made it to WA w Carly.png

MJ Apt Garage 2.png

MJ Apt Garage 1.png

MJ UnLoading in Seattle.png

MJ Loading in TX 2.png

MJ Loading in TX.png

• 1 month later...

Finally got to cross a project off the list on the Jeep Comanche. Got a new serpentine belt and a brand new harmonic balancer installed. Pumped to get the tools out again!

DAYCO 5060975 belt

DAYCO Powerbond Harmonic Balancer PB1439N

MJ Harmonic Balancer 3.png

MJ Harmonic Balancer Bad Belt.png

MJ Harmonic Balancer 2.png

MJ Harmonic Balancer.png

• 10 months later...

This accessory project for the Jeep Comanche has been a long time coming. I've wanted to add auxiliary power and streamline easy connections. As the MJ project continues I'll be adding several electric accessories, switches and relays. I added 2 six slot fuse blocks. The right side is hooked up as Always On power. The left is Key On power. I added a big relay to control the key on power. There is an 80Amp inline fuse mounted near the battery. The cables are 6 AWG and let me tell you, I got them from Battery Cables USA, Great pricing and super easy to order lengths and terminal sizes. Plus, they even custom turned the terminals for the shorter cables to make the connections route as easy as possible. I mounted the fuse blocks with stainless sheet metal screws. I mounted the relay and the main ground by inserting rivet nuts, allowing bolt in vs self tapping screws. I've been super intimidated by wiring projects and did as much research as I could before putting this together. Once I got the diagram planned & laid out and all the components in hand, it wasn't too bad to install. More projects coming soon! I'm pumped to be back at it! 

MJ Aux Fuse.png

MJ Aux Fuse2.png

MJ Aux Fuse3.png

MJ Aux Fuse4.png

MJ Aux Fuse5.png

MJ Aux Fuse6.png