"Estate Sale" find on eBay ... 88 Low Mileage Survivor

If that makes you guys cringe you would probably vomit, if you saw my dad letting all his boys (3) drive his 69 T/A to school periodically, and yes there were 2 fender benders over the years in it, before he sold it recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the purchase! Glad to see you've found CC! What matters most here is that we all share a love for these trucks and respect how we treat them, you are now among friends that you'll probably never meet face to face, but get to know very well!

As far as all this young kids talk goes....My kids will start from scratch (with their Dad's help) with something they buy with the money they earn or have saved, just like I did! I learned very quickly how to care for cars that way!

I promise to send you photos when it arrives ,My only question what should I. change, replace or revise to. avoid the Renix horrors ? 

I. am sure there are parts  that should be  looked at with a truck. that has been. sitting for most of its life 

Thanks George 

the best thing you can do for the truck is drive it.   (but not in the snow and salt in New Jersey)

letting vehicles sit like that one has is not good for them.  Depending on how long it has sat.  The truck has 17k miles and is approximately 336 months old so it has averaged about 51 miles per month.  If it was driven 12 miles per week (doubtful) it should be just fine.  The tires are obviously not original to the truck but I would look closely at them for dry rot. cracking within the tread lines etc.  Depending on how the fuel has been maintained you may want to make sure the tank is not rusted on the inside. Since it was Ziebarted when new there shouldn't be any hidden rust issues but I would still lift the carpet and inspect the floorboards just to be sure.  As for the engine I would look at the drive belt for cracking/age issues. The truck was supposedly given a complete tune up and "detailing" prior to being listed on Ebay so hopefully any issues found were addressed appropriately.

Thank you for the reply ,Should I consider Cruiser 54  reccomindation. 1 thru. 5 ?

I wouldn't "fix" it if it isn't broke. I have a 87 with 30K that I store during the winter. So far every spring, I throw a battery in it and it fires right up and runs great, 

Nice truck BTW. :thumbsup: