neutral safety switch

my 92 comanche wii not start. I had trouble getting it into park today and when I finally got it into park I shut it off. Later I went to start it and it will not attempt to start, meaning it seems like the starter is not getting energized. Any ideas?

Yeah my wrangler does this from time to time, I'll have to put it in neutral to start it. I never have trouble getting it into park though, the shifter will go to park like normal, but it's like the shifter has a bad switch or something

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah my wrangler does this from time to time, I'll have to put it in neutral to start it. I never have trouble getting it into park though, the shifter will go to park like normal, but it's like the shifter has a bad switch or something

NSS needs to be replaced. Shouldn't be a big deal or very expensive, never done one in a jeep but done plenty in GM and Ford applications. Usually takes less than 30 minutes and $30.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NSS needs to be replaced. Shouldn't be a big deal or very expensive, never done one in a jeep but done plenty in GM and Ford applications. Usually takes less than 30 minutes and $30.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Try one on these Jeeps... Takes longer than 30 minutes and the cheapest I've ever seen for a replacement (not new) NSS was $60.

OK I jumped the nss and it started so that is what I have to work on. On my mj the end of the connector that needed to be jumped was the male end which goes to the switch, the one picture of the jumped connector showed the female jumped which on mine goes to the transmission.Thanks everyone for your replies, don't come on this site too much anymore but it is a great help when more knowledge than I possess is needed.