Renix owners looking for a scanner

I subscribed to this youtube channel by Nickintime.  He's got an 89 XJ and he has made numerous youtube videos on all the modifications he's done to it.  I've use his videos as a "how-to" for doing work on mine.  (I am not doing the mod's he has done.  I just use it to see how to take things apart AND put them back together.)

He has recently started a set of videos on building a scanner for the Renix Jeep.  This recent one has a proto-type version.  It looks pretty nice for those of use that are fortunate enough to have the Renix.  (Unlike those HO's that have to turn their keys on and off and count the flashing lights [and click your heals three times and say "there's no place like home] :yes: )

He is building it to mount inside the cab and feed real time data.  I don't know if there is way to capture and store the data for future reference.  That would be a nice feature to keep track of engine performance.

Here is the most recent.

He has more/other videos on his facebook page, also.

Once he has a final versions - and that works with manual trans - I would be interested in getting one. 

If your interested you can find those scanners on ebay, I've used it before and they are really useful.

I have an MT2500.  There is a reason it is called a "Red Brick."  It is big and bulky.  

Mine also will lock up and not respond to button and scroller commands.  I like the look of Nick's scanner.  It can be mounted in the cab and give real time data.

just watched his youtube video. very impressed and can't wait to see the end product, and I'm also going to watch his other video's as well.

I've always kept a fuel log (pen & pad) to monitor mpg, but it doesn't tell me whats wrong (tire press, fuel, ignition, etc).

and since the introduction of hei and sensors and the like, you needed a computer to check all those things.( well maybe not tires)

In 1980 I used to manage a Texaco gas station with a garage. and the owner made the huge investment to buy a  sun tester analyzer which cost

around $17,000. it was about 6 feet tall and 5 feet wide it was huge!   now you can buy a anaylizer at harbour freight for around a $100?

just amazing!

(Unlike those HO's that have to turn their keys on and off and count the flashing lights [and click your heals three times and say "there's no place like home] :yes: )

Wrong. Actron and other manufacturers make an adapter cable for the 91-95 Chrysler OBD1 systems that not only scan, read, and cancel fault codes, but also perform tons of other diagnostic procedures. Even can be used with a laptop. W/o using the ignition key.  Enjoy yet another Renix stone age kludge.   :yes:

http://comancheclub.com/topic/46667-actron-obd1-scanner/?hl=actron