Injector upgrade

So I have some questions.

1. What year/engine is your truck?

2. Which injectors did you use?

3. What does "priming the motor a little too much" mean?

4. What do you mean when you say "it feels like its flooding the motor with fuel"? Fuel pouring out somewhere?

So I have some questions.

1. What year/engine is your truck?

2. Which injectors did you use?

3. What does "priming the motor a little too much" mean?

4. What do you mean when you say "it feels like its flooding the motor with fuel"? Fuel pouring out somewhere?

1987/4.0

Have to see but a guy I know has them, haven't heard from him.

And exactly when I meant. Maybe I primed the motor too much and too much fuel went I to the cylinders

And when I drive it, its running like it wants to shut off. I have smoke coming from the exhaust and smells like gas.

The injectors should be stamped with a p/n on the body. W/o knowing which injectors you put in and their psi and flow ratings who knows what's going on. Any external fuel leaks? Are you sure the injectors electrical connectors are not crossed?

The injectors should be stamped with a p/n on the body. W/o knowing which injectors you put in and their psi and flow ratings who knows what's going on. Any external fuel leaks? Are you sure the injectors electrical connectors are not crossed?

I will look at the injectors while I look for a vacume leak. What should the psi be for the injectors?

If your engine is stock, you want injectors with specs close to the stock injectors, ~19 lb/hr @ 39psi. Anything higher is a waste. The main reason for "upgrading" fuel injectors is supposedly for better flow / atomization the newer 4-port injectors provide over the stock single port type.