No brake lights but i have taillights

I noticed a few days ago my brake lights have not been working for some reason. But I have taillights or running lights (whichever you prefer) and they are nice and bright. I have been over the sockets in the back before I had inspection a 6 months ago and cleaned them all up to make sure I was getting good connections. they worked really nice up until a few days ago. I only know they stopped working because I always check to make sure they work when I'm driving down the road. not sure why I do that but you never know what weird stuff happens in a Comanche. Anyway hopefully someone can point me in the right direction please.

Thanks!

Have you checked the brake light switch ? It's towards the top of the brake pedal with two wires going to it .

http://comancheclub.com/topic/38850-fixed-no-brake-lights/page-2

yeah I have checked the switch because I didn't have lights once before at that was the cause of the problem. there was a wire disconnected. so a few days ago when I noticed I didn't have lights I pulled over and checked that right away. everything is all good on the switch as far as I can tell.

Check the body harness to tail light harness plug for corrosion and use an Ohm meter to check for continuity between the bulb socket for brake circuit and the harness plug. The common hot lead for the brake illumination should be a white wire with tan stripe.

If not that, check for continuity between the brake switch and the body harness plug. Its entirely possible that a wire has become separated inside the insulation.

ok let me see if i get this right. your running lights work fine nice and bright but your brake light are not lighting up at all? if this be the case its probably the wire off the battery. on the batter positive cable you have the main wire that runs under motor to start solenoid  the one that runs to fuse box (under the hood) then a smaller gauge wire that may or may not have a quick connect on it. that wire could possibly have a short or came disconnected