cooling system

had to replace raditor in my 90 I'm conch all is does just overheats I did all the tricks I know. it has coolet bottle something to do with the French [sorry] any ideas.it is 6 cyl no air,auto 158000 miles. thanks dwa,note radiator hoses all new and get hot ,left side rad doesn't seem to get hot air?.

you might have a bubble stuck inside your engine near the coolant temp sensor.  try this bleeding procedure:

-make sure the coolant sensor at the top-back of the engine turns easily

-point the truck downhill (or jack up the rear end and put it on stands, back the rear end up on a curb, etc)

-make sure the engine is cool so there's no chance of spraying hot coolant all over.

-turn on the truck and let it run for a moment to build up pressure. 

-turn it off and bleed out any air you can by slowly unscrewing the temp sensor (trying not to let to unscrew all the way)

-repeat until no more air escapes. :thumbsup:

peter m    thanks  I forgot   nose down  I will jack up sat morn   I did many of these but this has been a bear   it just seems air locked,if nothing works I am going to pull radiator out   something is wrong,i will update   dwa

I really don't get it.   :hmm:   For the $$ you guys spend on overpriced aluminum expansion/fill tanks, you could junk the obsolete Renix closed cooling system and convert it to an open system. It's self burping - downhill parking and repeated burping by pulling the temp sensor unnecessary.

Nothing wrong with a properly functioning closed system. However, it's inexpensive enough to make the swap to an open system if you are spending money to replace parts anyways. Basically the same as replacing a failing/failed heater valve, all the new ones are plastic. Just bypass it and call it done. The later models did away with this valve all together. 

Note for those that switch to Open.. use a 16lb cap.  Also, say you already installed a new "closed system rad" .. aside from the other things that are necessary to change to convert is an inline hose rad apparatus/cap. 

Nothing wrong with closed systems. New cars are going back to closed systems. The surge tank on the Comanche was just a colossal mistake.

Nothing wrong with closed systems. New cars are going back to closed systems. The surge tank on the Comanche was just a colossal mistake.

"New cars are going back to closed systems."  A few of the "throw-away" economy models are, mainly to save production costs.

"The surge tank on the Comanche was just a colossal mistake."  For sure. Jeep engineers themselves admitted the closed system was the "worst mistake we ever made."

worse than the peugeot?  or the CAD?  or the wiring harness blunders?  or the 35?  or the dozen different ways that water gets under the carpet? 

that says a lot. :D

"The surge tank on the Comanche was just a colossal mistake."  For sure. Jeep engineers themselves admitted the closed system was the "worst mistake we ever made."

Random quote pulled off the interweb. :yes: