ACOS....

mjeff87

Just scored a set of almost-brandy-spankin'-new ACOS from a local club down here for a Benjamin and a case of Bud Light.

Now I don't have any excuse not to get the front end lifted to match the rear..... :cheers: but I have to go to Philly this weekend with the wife. No Jeep for me :headpop:

Jeff

Jeff you are always one step ahead of me in the cheap deal dept. I was sitting here thinking I have some cash here and they would be nice to have to level out MY MJ. Then you post your beer deal.

I think I could make my own very easily.

Anything JKS puts out is top quality, expensive, but worth it. Check out the ACO's before you assume that you could make them for less. If you can, more power to you, I know I couldnt.

haha, didnt say how well they'd hold up, but I have access to all of the machining tools I would need and high-grade aluminum for the project.

they're make-able, as it's only the 3 main pieces...central column, upper mount, and lower adjustable mount, with the bolts going through it which clamp it down. then it's rubber bushings top and bottom and the bumpstop added to it.

I'll make a cheap one out of threaded plumbing pipe and then maybe even consider buying some acos. you guys think that there would be a market for some cheaper acos called like Pacos or something? :brows:

j/k. i know, i can't produce something identical :( but i can make my own!

I saw in the latest issue of JP that they have a new ACOS with an integrated Air or Hydrolic Bump Stop. It looks freakn awesome. I think they had it at EJS this year and were showing it off. I'll have to re-look at that tonight.

I saw in the latest issue of JP that they have a new ACOS with an integrated Air or Hydrolic Bump Stop. It looks freakn awesome. I think they had it at EJS this year and were showing it off. I'll have to re-look at that tonight.

Interesting.....wonder how much $$$ (?)

offroader461- nice pics, thanks. It's funny, too, because I'll be installing a set of Rancho's and BFG AT's when I put these in...same setup as yours LOL.

Jeff

this is the blurp in JP

BUMP CUP

JKS combined its ACOS adjustable coil spacer and a hydraulic bumpstop to get this cool widget. You can adjust your TJ's ride height and bumpstop location independently of each other with this item. Plus, it helps absorb the heavy hits better than a factory solid bumpstop. Installation requires no welding, just some trimming and hole drilling. Information: JKS Manufacturing; 308/762-6949, www.jksmfg.com

I checked thier webpage and couldn't find anything about it. Looking at the pic, it might not be possible to put on an MJ without some minor fab and welding. Basically cutting the whole bump tower off, reinforcing it with some steel plate, and drilling some holes for the Bump Cup.

ya when the acos came out i thought i could make a set like it but better. i was gona make them like NASCAR has it with a big ol jack screw comin out the hood but couldnt bring my self to chop up my dd , but i might in the future to my next manche.