Project MJVI

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Front end done...Drilled and slotted rotors..HD steering stabilizer..Heavy duty tie rod..heavy duty track bar with ball joint elimination.. sway bar links quick disconnects..Rugged Ridge diff cover..

20160821_111257.jpg

20160821_110818.jpg

20160823_114739.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting truck ready for paint..started stripping bed down to bare metal with aircraft paint remover used a rust converter to kill any rust from metal that might spread under paint causing it to bubble up in the future...

20161124_151729.jpg

20161126_121448.jpg

20161126_154538.jpg

20161126_154514.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build so far! I didn't see you mention it before, what lift kit you have? I'm assuming it's from Hell Creek? They are the only ones I know of that have full springs for the manche. I'm going with their 4.5" for mine.

Nice build so far! I didn't see you mention it before, what lift kit you have? I'm assuming it's from Hell Creek? They are the only ones I know of that have full springs for the manche. I'm going with their 4.5" for mine.

was suppose to be a budget build although I'm already way past my budget ...guess thats jeep for you ..anyway went with the cheapest lift i could find which was rough country just cleaned up and painted the stock mj springs while i was adding the extra leaf from the rc kit but i think the hell creek kit uses the same shocks from rough country in their kit minus the rear leaf springs the rough country kit is pretty much the same i have no complaints it

Yeah hillcreek uses all Rough Country parts except for the Springs themselves from what I understand. Yours look really good painted up like that so I thought they were new. And of course that goes over your budget I don't think I've ever heard of anybody finishing a Jeep project under budget! I wasn't planning on spending $1,300 on a lift myself but I want to go the full Leaf pack route.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah hillcreek uses all Rough Country parts except for the Springs themselves from what I understand. Yours look really good painted up like that so I thought they were new. And of course that goes over your budget I don't think I've ever heard of anybody finishing a Jeep project under budget! I wasn't planning on spending $1,300 on a lift myself but I want to go the full Leaf pack route.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...