Tweeter install

I ordered a sound system for the Comanche assuming that someday I will get it from the paint/body shop - 0ne year and counting :mad:. Some time back, I noticed that a creative MJ'er on here had installed some tweeters where the window/door lock switches would be located. Well, I stole the idea. I ordered a new stereo and some Blaupunkt speakers that were 70 something off. Then I cut out the the holes with a hole saw, and then cleaned up the rest with a file. Next, I painted over the offensive silver color of the tweeter cups. Here is a before and after shot of the project. I just need my MJ to install them into :roll:. To say I am happy with the results would be an understatment :D . Thanks again to ??? @ComancheClub.com for the idea - enjoy

Be-Fo

After

Looks great! But wouldn't work for me as my windows switches are there. Just curious; why didn't you mount them on the lower dash panel tweeter grilles?
Thanks! Oh, the lower dash panel tweeter grilles, yeah thats the ticket.:oops: Alright you got me, where are those at??? It may not be the best location for them?? I just don't have my MJ around, so I can't sit, and daydream in it, about my next "Mod" as I would like to. I am working with what I have here at home ;)

hehe, they're on the outer edges of the dash kneeboard. the "vent" slatted parts of them. the tweeters would mount there with 2 screws and a specific metal plate, which can be made easily with a small amount of bending.

hehe, they're on the outer edges of the dash kneeboard. the "vent" slatted parts of them.
Yeah, I have seen the vents. I thought they were air vents. I will have to check them the next time I am visiting my Comanche. How much room is behind there, enough to fit some bigger speakers? Thanks, Rich

you could probably fit some 4 maybe 5 1/4 inch speakers in the dash,

the door is a better place for a tweeter, if you put it in the lower dash all the highs are directed towards your groin, you are supposed to hear highs in your ears, the lows/sub is what you are supposed to fell around that area jamminz.gif

Jonathan

JeepcoMJ;

hehe, they're on the outer edges of the dash kneeboard. the "vent" slatted parts of them. the tweeters would mount there with 2 screws and a specific metal plate, which can be made easily with a small amount of bending.

I forgot to mention the one I'm sending you has the factory tweeters still attached. Don't know if they work, but they look in good shape. :D

DansGreyMj;

anyone ever mount tweeters in the a- pillar

For my MJ project I'm planning on putting a set in where the b pillar lights are. Will be putting in an overhead lighting system that will work better. Will just have to fab up a mount and grille for the tweeters. Shouldn't be to hard. jamminz.gif

the real question is wth are they doing to your comanche? why've they had it for over ayear?!?
I look at it as giving me time to get everything I want/need to have it finnished :brows: . It is a long tale ~ I have known the guy forever, and he gave me a deal?? He started to prep the MJ when he found out he needed brain surgery. Survived, and had to go back in for another surgery on his noggin. Doctors did not think he was going to make it through another surgery. He is fine now, but he lost everything he had to pay the medical bills. It hasn't been an issue, because I still have the Ford. Oh, and the number one reason it has been over a year; I paid him up front.

you could probably fit some 4 maybe 5 1/4 inch speakers in the dash,

Sweet, more speakers - Rich

Yeah! See, I like the look of that. Great minds think alike CW ;) I did not want to risk screwing up the originals, so I picked up a pair of all black latches from a cherokee to practice on. I like the way they came out, so I will stick with them - Rich

Thats where I put mine too!!! I put the cross over down in the kick pannel and the woffer in the factory location.

CW