wiggilez's other addictions

Nice, it looks really clean for an '82, especially in Canada.

surprisingly clean, only surface rust and even then it's still not that bad.

How do you like the 4.6L in your t-bird? have you ever driven anything comparable with a 5.0L

I love the 4.6, even though it's just an early 2 valve model. One of the smoothest car engines I've ever seen and I personally like the way they sound. I've driven a '93ish Cougar with the low output 5.0, and the 4.6 definitely wins out stock vs stock. Not a strong as the 5.0 on the low end, but the 4.6 likes to rev. The T-bird is a really heavy car with tall gears, but it really moves if you want it to. I don't know how swappable the 4.6 is, but it's definitely a pleasant engine to drive. Of course your goals might be different from mine, but I use that car for highway driving in a straight line and getting 27mpg, and it does that very well.

I could understand the 4.6 being better stock for stock at stock. Especially at the high end as i believe the 4.6 has over head cams. I mostly want a v8 for cool factor, The 3.8 v6 gets me around town pretty decently. But steep hill are terrible. Also the 5.0 has the same bolt pattern as my 3.8 and can use my c4/5 trans.

What brand is that big record player in post #23?  Reminds me of an old Magnavox my mother in law wanted in the very early 70's.  Maybe it was a Motorola?  Nice furniture for my mother in law.  Later the father in law replaced the electronics with state of the art (late 70's) components.

Yeah, for a swap like that the 5.0 is a much better option. Plus the 4.6 is really wide, so you'd probably have trouble fitting it in the engine bay.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You are right, I've seen a 4.6 sitting next to a 460cu big block, they are basically the same size.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

It's currently an auto and will probably stay. I would like to get an AOD. But my c5 should work with the 5.0, I'd also like to get a limited slip rear end but well see. The 5.0 mostly likely won't happen till next summer as i want to finnish the MJ this summer.

I picked up the 5.0L I bought last weekend, here are some pics.

loaded up in the truck,

{URL=[/url]

on route home.

and last stop before home the car wash, because when I borrowed my dad's truck I was told

Dad  "Nic make sure you don't get my truck dirty/muddy"

me "Yes dad."

process to drive down muddy gravel roads, then the mud fest that was the guy's drive way completely covering the rear of the truck in mud.

two more pics of the motor and not seen in the pictures is a freshly washed ranger.

I can't see any of the pictures in this thread. Odd, they worked fine last night  :dunno:

A 5.0 should be fun in that little Granada. Are you sticking with the auto or going manual?

the pictures seem to be working on my end  :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

Little update on the car. The thermostat stop functioning which caused things to happen, not cool things to happen (if ya catch my drift) had to replace t-stat the gasket and some random hose going from the water pump to the intake manifold. No pictures because i was afraid it was something more serious and didn't want to waste to much time

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Wiggilez said:

It is one of the big 3

Ding ding  ding right anwser

Ford brought it over from Europe IIRC. Potent little engine, large rear side windows.......and a double spoiler. Had a friend that had one with a few mods. Fast but tempermental little sucker! 

On 6/14/2018 at 9:32 PM, gogmorgo said:

Ha. Didn't look real close on my phone, thought I was looking at a bow tie on the front.

Yeah I'm seeing a Merkur for sure.

I'm currently feeling your lada pain, engine parts I can get locally, but it needs a new adjuster for the clutch which ford of Canada doesn't stock, but I was able to order from the UK.

I dunno. While yeah it could be a pain if you need something ASAP, the ability to flip through the parts manual, match up images and numbers, and then place your order without anyone second guessing you when you try to order a newer part or something from a different vehicle that you know will work better is pretty good. Lada parts from Ukraine are also pretty reasonably priced, even after shipping. Plus everything is still available cause they're still building them with most of the same parts. 

Now going to the dealer to find a master/slave combo for my new ZJ is something I'm not sure about. 

On 6/16/2018 at 10:22 PM, gogmorgo said:

I dunno. While yeah it could be a pain if you need something ASAP, the ability to flip through the parts manual, match up images and numbers, and then place your order without anyone second guessing you when you try to order a newer part or something from a different vehicle that you know will work better is pretty good. Lada parts from Ukraine are also pretty reasonably priced, even after shipping. Plus everything is still available cause they're still building them with most of the same parts. 

Now going to the dealer to find a master/slave combo for my new ZJ is something I'm not sure about. 

Other then a replacement sun roof frame I've pretty much ordered what I needed either through rockauto or UK Ebay listings.