wiggilez's other addictions

this will probably only update as I do maintenance on my truck, but who knows. any way what I did today was change the oil in my dakota today, not to bad, i've gotten good at it over the three years i've owned the truck. but today I also did the trans oil... which easily took me a solid 6 hours(for both the engine and trans.). although this did include a trip (walking) to canadian tire and back, but that took maybe an hour. first I tried to use a gravity feed from the engine bay to the trans that took like 45min for one bottle. so not wanting to deal with that again I set up taking the interior of my truck apart to get to the shifter input and poured in the rest from there then put it back together, I think next i will get one of those hand pumps that hook up to the bottle.

for some reason I needed every tool I own to do this.

• 3 months later...

well the dirty dodge is gone (well soon to be gone) but not forgotten. ever since I moved to calgary I've been wanting something better on gas so I bought this

Drum roll please

A 1989 toyota corolla with a 4A-f 1.6L I4 putting a whopping 95 horsepower and 100 pound feet of torque and a 5 speed manual 

This will be both my first car and first FWD

anyway here are some pics

paid 750$ for it, its got 255947KM on the inside looks like it just left the showroom floor and it runs excellently, also it came with a brand new set of winter tyres on rims :D

slight update I discovered that the car has a small leak somewheres, it slow but after a few days it marked it spot in front of the house, from what i've researched it might be the rear main, which according to the guys on the toyota forum I joined is a pain cause you need to remove the trans, nut it's apparently not too difficult.  

on another note 4 days after I buy my corolla a cooler one I want more shows up for sale :/ 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1993-toyota-corolla-wagon-awd/1088152840?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I want it.

welp i'm pissed, my dakota has been sitting up front for the last few days as i have been driving the corolla and some asshat decided that it would look better if they ran their vehicles into it  :fs1:

the damage isn't to bad, but i'm still upset  :fs1:

and there is a scuff on the plastic bit beneath it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if it's possible, but I should really change this thread title to something else, like wiggilez's other addiction.

anyway. I just bought another corolla today. this one is a 91 but its the GTS model, making it the highest trim level (I think,either this or the SR5 is.)

this one has the 4AGE 4 cyl and the C52 trans, which the toyota guys say its the better of the two, the other which my 89 has is the C50. although this car had an all wheel drive option this one is only FWD, actully all-trac GTS's are super rare. anyway, if I can find an all-trac trans out of another gts or even the corolla wagon which the all-trac version are much more common and only fall into the slightly rare catigory, atleast where I live. I might try to fix it up, if not it's performenc parts are going on to the 4door sedan.

I don't know if it's possible, but I should really change this thread title to something else

Go to the first post and hit "edit", bottom right corner. Then view the full editor, and you can change the title of the thread from there by typing something new in the box before you hit save.

I don't know if it's possible, but I should really change this thread title to something else

Go to the first post and hit "edit", bottom right corner. Then view the full editor, and you can change the title of the thread from there by typing something new in the box before you hit save.

thank you, will do :)

here are a few pictures of my GTS 

this thing is pretty rusty, might even give my comanche a run for its money on who's got more rust

back

door (driver)

front fender

this is the bad side of the car, the other side is also pretty bad, just not as bad as this one. also the other sides door is rust free as are the floor and unibody

but, the ABSOLUTE best part about this car are theses :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

for whatever reason I have always loved pop up headlights ever since I was a kid, and I think that these need to come back into automotive style, I meant if retro can be cool for clothing why not for vehicular appearances as well :)

• 3 months later...

did a little maintenance on my 89, I pulled the carb off to clean it.

SO MANY VAC LINES

Pics :)

it's a small car. this ^ made it easier to work on.

off and ready for cleaning

about half way done.

I forgot to takes any pictures of it all back together, but I did take a video of mostly reassembled minus the  egr tube

check out my sweet stack Bro

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently discovered that this combination of lights illuminated on my dash means that my alternator is going out,

so

all elections disconnected

it was surprisingly hard to wrestle that out of there.

new JY alternator in

and all is good now :)

• 4 weeks later...

I love the 4AGE engines. Does your T-S have the TVIS system on it? Oh, and don't toss your old alternator. Get it rebuilt. I made the mistake of getting a reman unit from thr local auto parts store for my MR2 and I've had to swap it multiple times.

I do still have the old alternator, i didn't pick up have a reman one, I just went and grabbed one from a JY. And nope no tivs on the 4age, it's a 91 so i believe its a small port. And sadly I've only got to drive it twice now. The day I bought it and the day I moved back to Edmonton. But I will say this the 9000 rpm red line is fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

No jeep updates here, but I did pick up a nice vintage record player today to go with the rest of my small audio collection.

this thing is huge

came with a few records none of which are my taste in music

here's the rest of my audio stuff

I also have two nice little speakers not pictured.

• 11 months later...

in keeping with the name of this thread here's a little update, my fleet of car's has both dismissed and changed, after selling one of my corollas and scraping the other just before starting school, I sold my trusty but rusty Dakota back in January and a week later picked up this beast.

and so far it's been my "reliable" daily.

the plan was to keep it stock and just enjoy the land yacht that it is, but unfortunately that doesn't seem like the plan anymore, as i used it to clear out some unneeded car parts from my shed,

this is the space they used to take, i'm hoping to have cleared out enough room for a 5.0L to replace the 3.8l that currently resided in the car.