what lift to get

i have a 92' 2wd long bed Comanche and I'm gonna convert to 4wd here soon. but i figure wile doing that, i might as well get a lift on it. been looking around at lift kits. i want to just cry once and do it right the first time. my truck will be mostly a daily driver and summer time off-road trails around colorado/utah (Imogene pass, Engineer pass  and moab for example). right now i have 31's on it on OE wheels/ stock hight. ive been looking at the Rough Country 4.5 long arm kit for a xj. i know the rear is different, but ive thought about a SOA in the rear. I'm fairly handy in the fabing deperment as i do a lot with my other car (vw bug). so with all this said, do i need a long arm kit, is it worth having? they seem to obviously flex better, do they ride better as well? is Rough Country a good kit? what would be a good kit for my intended purposes?  here's a pic of my truck and my bug. 

Rough country is hit or miss depending g on who you talk to. My dealings with them, I've never been impressed with their quality, however customer service was good. A soa swap can yield anywhere from 5" up to 6.5"+ of lift depending on condition of your springs/ spring perch height. For a DD I personally wouldn't go that high unless you want a large lift. If you wanted to go that high, I'd run control arm drop brackets since it will be used more on road then off. There are a lot of opinions on lifts, so I'm sure others will chime in.

For a great deal less $$$ You can just do a control-arm drop bracket. It brings your control arms back to around stock angles, And will drive the same on the road as a longarm.

Flex's pretty damn well offroad too, And you can always just upgrade to a longarm down the road if you decide to.

Rough country is hit or miss depending g on who you talk to. My dealings with them, I've never been impressed with their quality, however customer service was good. A soa swap can yield anywhere from 5" up to 6.5"+ of lift depending on condition of your springs/ spring perch height. For a DD I personally wouldn't go that high unless you want a large lift. If you wanted to go that high, I'd run control arm drop brackets since it will be used more on road then off. There are a lot of opinions on lifts, so I'm sure others will chime in.

Beat me to it by seconds lol

well are their any long arm lift kits you guys would recommend? what hight lift would you guys recommond? i kinda want a complete kit like; lift, extended brake lines, any needed drop brackets, shocks, etc. one that takes a lot of the guess work out of it.  

It is my understanding that Rusty's has decent 4.5 lift leaf packs for MJ. Those and maybe their coils are the only things I would think about getting from there. But I do beleive that they have a kit. I definitely wouldn't run their track bar though. 

I've heard that Hellcreek makes a nice leaf setup. Although, I have heard conflicting things about them still being around or not. 

Best bet is to buy parts you want and have a BIY kit, vs Spending a large chunk of cash on a kit that may or may not have parts you want. 

For example, 

OME 934 coils, JKS or Currie ACOS, IRO trackbar/bracket, Currie steering (or maybe WJ/crossover steering swap), goferit tie rod flip insert for driver side knuckle, 24+ in stainless brakelines (pending exactly what you need), Clayton Long arm (maybe 3-link?), extended sway bar disco, for the front

Hellcreek rear lift leafs, stainless extended brake line, maybe steel axle shims if required, extended shack if necessary. 

IF you go with bigger tires, REGEAR your axles

Shocks, At a MINIMUM, Bilstein 5100s. 7100s/w/ resi are better.