Lee's "What the hэll am I doing" Comanche

Hopefully last Axle update...

Got it back from the shop yesterday, Put it back in the truck last night.. PUT OIL IN IT THIS TIME.

Drives great!

Still need to finish the cage, But i probably won't be able to do that for a few days here.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oPQORGZ.jpg

Got the basic shell done for the cage, Still need to tie in a few things, Ran out of daylight today though.

Been working on it a few hours here & there, havent had a chance to get a ton done at once.

Should finish that part, Paint it & have it 100% on the truck tomorrow. Then just need to fab up the rear of the truck.

Nephew decided to start jumpin all over it & yelling "SWING SWING SWING"

:)

Is that sumas? btw I probably won't swap the 8.8 until I have a Dana 30 ready to swap in with 4.10s so it'll a be awhile

Is that sumas? btw I probably won't swap the 8.8 until I have a Dana 30 ready to swap in with 4.10s so it'll a be awhile

Yea, Thats at sumas. My truck & a toyota both broke a front axle on that trail, like 20 feet from each other lol If you're planning on putting a locker in the front, Do it while you have it re-geared. So you don't have to pay to set up the gears twice.
What is sumas?

Thanks,

Willy

Yea, Thats at sumas. My truck & a toyota both broke a front axle on that trail, like 20 feet from each other lol If you're planning on putting a locker in the front, Do it while you have it re-geared. So you don't have to pay to set up the gears twice.
What is sumas?

Thanks,

Willy

It's a local mountain near Bellingham Wa where were located. They have bike, atv and jeep trails.

Finished the cage today, Drove her home. Was too dark to get photo's, I'll take a bunch first thing in the morning & upload some. I'm really happy with how it turned out, Still need to add on to a few places, But for now its done.

Jus2, Still havent got the name of the rims, But i'll dig through the glove box for the reciept when i get pics tomorrow & let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

Are the tubes that tie into the bumper removable? Our would you have to cut them off to take the bumpers off?

You'd have to cut the weld to remove the bumpers.

I saw you out driving on the guide yesterday. The cage Looks really good

Thanks. Was stopping at the part store/home depot on the way out to ferndale to finish welding/painting it. So you saw it all rusty/Unfinished.

• 3 weeks later...

RS12k6I.jpg

Well its not the prettiest winch mount.. But it will work :)

Shop grinder broke, Need to pick up another & clean it up some.

Smittybilt x20 10,000 winch.

I don't know how you've survived so long without one. I barely ever wheel and Ive already used mine a ton! looks good. I need to upgrade my warn with some synthetic rope. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow will be the first wheeling trip since i got the cage / winch / new front axle.

Pretty excited, Hope nothing breaks :/

Going to elbe hills towards Seattle, Never been there before.

Got a 15' usb cable so my gopro won't die this time & I'll try to take tons of pictures.

Damage Report:

Broke the Passenger Door Window

Put a big dent in my Rear Right Bushwhacker Fender flare (Hope it will pop out with a little force & heat)

Yet AGAIN broke my Rear Right tail light.. This time it was behind a roll cage! Not quite sure how it broke again.. But this time i didnt end up finding the outer lens... Survived being broken & Glued back together about 4+ Times  :thumbsup: . I guess it deserves its retirement now.

Got a couple hours of GoPro vids to sort through, Quickly patched together one short clip that I'm currently uploading to Youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Walmart battery.

Did a total of 3 Winch pulls, Which resulted in the voltage plummeting down, Popped open the hood today & looks like the battery boiled over :/

There's a great battery shop a few blocks from my house went & chatted up the owner for about 20 minutes & Finally decided on Getting a Northstar AGM battery. I hope this makes winching easier, If not i might have to look into a better alternator.

Elbe damage update;

Purchased Tail Lights from the classified section, Should be here soon.

Ordered a new Bushing for my IRO track-bar

Ran to the pick'n'pull today & Got a whole new pass. Door & swapped it out real quick (Supposed to just pour buckets all week, Flood warnings for a huge radius around where i live lol) Also managed to snag a OEM Steering Skid Plate for $10 from the PnP :D