Lee's "What the hэll am I doing" Comanche

Forgot to mention, I completely finished my OBA setup. Have a 11 gallon tank in the back -> Check valve -> air hose to the engine bay -> Air filter/oil seperator -> 2~foot braided steel air line -> Few adapters -> AC pump.

Put a 90-120psi switch on the tank, With a master switch inside the truck, So far the heat from the engine hasnt caused any issues with the air hoses, Thankfully even if it does the check valve @ the tank will keep me from losing any air.

To do list next time it stops raining (Unless someone wants to donate me a shop <3) :

Put in steel steering bracket spacer

Install JKS quicker disconnects (come tuesday)

Take pictures of said OBA setup

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bLZPWxy.jpg

Got my JKS quicker disconnects today. They were pretty easy to install, Other than a few snags unrelated to the disconnects.

s8oYqpR.jpg

Hard to tell in that photo, But the bar the disconnect slides onto, Is about 1/8th of an inch away from the steering stabalizer mount. I guess mine got bent somehow? Had a hell of a time getting it to budge enough that i could put the D/C's on/off without issues.

Didn't get an installed photo because my phone died >_<

• 4 weeks later...

jO4N0Wa.jpg

Installed a Fabtech tire mount earlier today, Decided i should probably get a full size spare before i get stranded at the mountain haha

Ordered another 33x12.5 wrangler mt/r, Should get it later this week.

Pretty solid tire mount, Only issue is, Like all the reviews say.. The 1" Bolts are pretty useless for installing it, Just gotta pick up longer ones.

• 1 month later...

What did you do about the BW fitment around the fuel filler door? Cut it out or move it back so it clears? 

I wanted it to match the other side & be centered, So i cut the bottom corner off the fuel door.

• 2 weeks later...

So finally got that steel steering spacer/brace installed! Kept putting it off lol

Also got my exhaust hung up correctly, Had it jerry rigged for a little bit.

Going to the mt tomorrow to do some wheeling! Havent been in a few months.

Got my phone/gopro fully charged. Hope to get some good vids / pics :D

mc3c5v.jpg

Toyota's, Always doing stupid things! lol

Went with 5 trucks, 3 toyota's an older wrangler & my comanche.

Wrangler broke his rear driveline.

Toyota #1 had an oil pump majorly fail on him, Leaking all his oil instantly onto the ground

Toyota #2 flipped over while towing toyota #1 lol

Toyota #3 Where to start... Overheated about 300 feet into the mountain. Kept flooding & not starting every time he shut it off. While he was trying to start it again, The door fell off. Blew like every fuse in his box lol.  Stereo was stuck on full volume, Untill he cut the power.

I walked away with just a small dent in my truck. Everyone else broke their $#!&amp; lol

So after swapping that durango steering box in.. The one thing i almost INSTANTLY realized at the mountain.. Is i have absolute $#!&amp; power steering. So I picked up a 01~ Grand Cherokee pump, Had to tap it for threads & then drill out the mounting brackets to fit 3/8 bolts. Plugged the extra return line for the hydraulic fan & threw it all together.

Only driven it a few times since i swapped it, Seems to have a bit more power. Havent tried anything offroad yet though.

Now my next project is to figure out what the hell i'm going to do with my front axle...

Been looking up G2 d44's and RockJock's. Not sure if i'll go that route.. Or just build this d30..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Managed to bend my Tie rod yet again, This time it was a V8 grand cherokee solid tie rod.

Bent far enough in it was rubbing on the axle lol

Bought the Iron Rock OTK setup

1 1/4" solid tie rod / Drag link

This thing is HEAVY

The install was pretty straight forward, Didnt really run into any issues. The instructions were pretty vague though.

Got it all hooked up, Sprayed some white lithium grease on the heim joints & went to get it installed.

Midas tried saying they were going to charge me their flat allignment fee + shop time, Because they had to remove one bolt to adjust the tie rod on the drivers side knuckle....

Drove around town a little bit after the alignment. Only down side i can really think of so far is the drag link is designed to pivot a little to help adjust while flexing, Which causes a thunk if you go over bumps on the road.

Is it going to damage/cause any issues? No. Is it slightly annoying to hear while driving down the road? Yes. But i'll survive.

siZeofE.jpg

I tried to take more photos, But unfortunately while swapping out the steering i managed to smash in my camera on my phone.

Now every time i try to open it, it just crashes back to the home page. ~_~

Filed a claim with my protection plan on my phone. I'll take some installed pics when my new phone comes in the mail.

Inic0Dk.jpg

Well, Finally broke my dana 30!

Broke BOTH U-Joints Which then promptly destroyed the ends of the shafts.

Pretty sure it destroyed the seals too, Because its puking oil.

Whelp time to find a new axle :/

OPZIijk.jpg

Got 20 of these in the mail today :)

Get to try out my new OTK steering setup this saturday, Going to be doing some Medium/Hard trails.

Loving your cigar choice!

They're on Cigar International or w/e site, For $2~ each. Damn good price considering they're normally sold for 10+