OFFICIALLY CLOSED.......Gauging headliner group buy

a1500ram

I'm Steve Bennett owner, SMS Headliners LLC.

Around beginning of 2013, I offered the Comanche community a group buy on my custom made headliner panels. Group buy cost then was 5 people per group @ $100 which includes shipping.

This new group buy would still be 5 people per group but the cost has gone up slightly...

$115 including shipping.

If you are interested in this, please send me a pm with your name, shipping address, color wanted, and email address. Once I have the interest of five people I will close the group buy and notify each interested party and go from there.

Thanks and I look forward to doing business with you!

Steve Bennett, Owner

SMS Headliners, LLC

I've got one already, but just wanted to attest to Steve's quality and service, Top notch! First design had a flaw in the rear corners, I made mine fit, but when someone pointed it out, Steve offered all of us who ordered one a free replacement because of the flaw! I never even asked for one, I was happy with the first, but Steve sent one anyway! Great service, and the quality is awesome as well!

I need a headliner. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this just fabric and foam adhesive? I have never fixed/replaced a headliner before.

This is for a complete headliner panel already covered and ready to install. Not a kit. The only thing you will have to do is trim the cloth where the sunvisor end clips go and then install it

The last 2 year models used a different mounting option compared to the earlier models. I provide both options on my headliner panel. Hope this helps!

Is it better than redoing the original panel or just easier? Or does it depend? Do I need to take mine apart and look at it before I know if it's necessary?

Depending on the year model of your truck the oe headliner core could be a fiber formed headliner panel. This can delaminate over time. If your headliner material is sagging, the foam backing is deteriorating. It is less expensive to recover your existing headliner panel if it is in good shape.

The custom made headliner panel provides a less labor intensive process. Remove your old one and install the new one. Yes instructions are included.

Let me be another one to chime in about the quality of these headliners. I've had mine since 2012 and it's pretty much perfect. Looks exactly like the old saggy one did minus the oldness and saggy-ness. Here's mine:

DbK1wjMl.jpg

I was thinking about it, but mine is not saggy or ripped. I was really curious about the eagle for the guy across the street he has what we call a flock of eagles. 2 of them need headliners I was thinking if he got one or two, I would just add to the order for future use sorry not for me right now.

I was thinking about it, but mine is not saggy or ripped. I was really curious about the eagle for the guy across the street he has what we call a flock of eagles. 2 of them need headliners I was thinking if he got one or two, I would just add to the order for future use sorry not for me right now.

That is understandable. A lot of man hours goes into prototyping a headliner. Just when you think you have it just right something goes off kilter and you have to go back to square one.

I don't know how long it has been since I've seen an AMC Eagle. I see Jeep comanche's all around Atlanta.

I don't think the demand would warrant the labor.

Steve

Geez, there are two things stopping me. One, I hadn't decided what colour I want for all my interior (I have plans to redo the carpet and reupholster or replace the seats), and I'm also super poor. Mostly the first one, though. What are the available colours? Also, is it possible to ship to PO boxes? I live in Canada, but I have a US PO box.