1986 WOLFRED build thread

got the brakes done, didn't have to take pictures, i have a mirror image on the other side, but the wheel cylinders, brake shoes, drums and hardware are all replaced, now i really need to replace my parking brake and adjust it,

Redwolf

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear your brakes worked out. They're, like, important. For safety and things. I still have yet to tackle drums myself, mine so far have been "adequate" so I haven't wanted to mess with them in case I mess them up, but it's going to have to happen sooner or later.

Yep u got to autozone or O'Reilly and ask for a thermostat and they ask you if it's 4x4. Lol. It's convenient somtime and others a pain!

I work at a parts store chain up here. It's the same crap, and it's just as rough for us. The computer pops up the question and we're required to ask. It's part of the warranty process for parts. If we can't tell the manufacturer that the part was used for the proper application and it comes back defective, the store will end up eating the cost of the replacement, often including labour rates. An improper return on a defective $30 bearing or something could end up costing the store several hundred dollars. If we don't ask what the computer tells us, even if we know it doesn't matter, we'll get in $#!&. Customers hate it, we hate, but it's crap that the big-wigs at the corporate HQ 1000 miles away make us do. I doubt our store would function quite as well without the corporate process we're stuck using (the guys in charge locally are, um... well I won't go there), but it sure can be a meat grinder at times.

it's been a while since i've posted bout what i've done to the MJ, got the brakes done back on sunday (week from yesterday) and that involved, shoes, drums, hardware and wheel cylinders. I've been fightin with a leaking coolant system but i can't really fix that untill i get a new coolant tank and a heater core; but i now have no CB radio or brackets in the MJ, instead i got cup holders :D pictures shall come thursday (if it doesn't rain),

Redwolf

progress on the MJ, just minor things that make a different to me  :D

top arm is painted bottom one aint (sorry for the blurry pic, camera is goin on my phone)

both painted

added cup holders, just a little difficult to drive from tacobell back to work on my lunch break holdin a large cup of baja blast lol

even painted the underside of the arms  :thumbsup:

took her to go get washed, not bad for a $3.50 wash 

how the back of my bed looks now

did the dome light fix that Fernando87mj posted bout (http://comancheclub.com/topic/45719-dome-light-fix/?do=findComment&comment=469735)

stuff i've bought that needs to go in the truck (just don't know where to put the fire extinguisher  :hmm:

Redwolf

well due to local weather being VERY unusual for va beach i haven't been able to install the coolant tank or fire extinuisher but i did manage to make a drive to a town just outside of richmond and got a hitch for my MJ  :banana: too bad i had to take my mom's f150 cause the MJ won't make it that far  :mad: but i have been having fun in the snow/ice we have and surprisingly with a 2.8 2wd MJ with no tread on the tires it's been doing wonderfully  :D

the hitch and 2 grilles beside it, it's just a little dirty with a little rust but nothin the grinder won't fix with a wirewheel  :thumbsup:

Redwolf

• 3 weeks later...

well it's a nice day, i aint heard nothin from my buddy about helpin clean out his storage unit today so it's time to work on the MJ, installin my new cobra 75 wx st cb radio and cleaning up a hitch, painting it and hopin to get it on today,

Redwolf

so i did take advantage of the nice warm weather today and tried to make some progress on what i've been puttin off for a while,

this is about half of the grinding done

got it all grinded but still had rust  :fs1: so i got this  :thumbsup:

and while waiting for the rust fix to dry so i can flip the hitch i decided i was gonna install my new cb a buddy got me and my fire extinguisher but lost sun light way to quick but got the extinguisher in  :banana:

Redwolf

Nice jeep man , really like the roll bar and the progress and nice touch with the fire extinguishers :) and nice hitch of course

thanks man  :thumbsup: my jeep is deffently a one of a kind in my area, i've yet to see another red MJ with a roll bar like mine and a hitch,

Redwolf

• 7 months later...

Well yall, it's been a while since i've last been on here, i no longer on a MJ. She failed VA state inspection and died shortly after failing inspection. I was able to sell my MJ for sadly $400. I'm now rolling around in a 96 XJ that i bought on June 10, 2015,

Hers both the MJ and XJ together right before i sold the comanche,

Redwolf