4 Angry Squirrels

Hello all. I and a few other members on this forum, while discussing an issue on a thread in the tech section, came to the conclusion that it would be a benefit to the forum to have a seperate section on the forum dedicated to tech and tips on the 2.5L engine. While I do realize that the majority of the members here own a L6 'manche, the 2.5 has enough inherent quirks that a lot of info doesn't cross over. Besides this, when performing a search, one has to sift through pages of 4.0 related threads before finding one or two posts that have some 4 banger info.

Thanks for reading!

while it sounds good in principle, chopping up the tech is a slippery slope that causes more problems than it solves.  but you have given me the idea of maybe better organizing the DIY section.  then things in there that are specific to the 2.5 might be easier to find.

a great tip is to use google to search our site rather than the internal search engine.  it's a smarter engine plus you can put in small terms (like MJ, 2.5, etc.)

just throw site:comancheclub.com  in google's search bar along with the terms you're looking for  :thumbsup:

a great tip is to use google to search our site rather than the internal search engine.  it's a smarter engine plus you can put in small terms (like MJ, 2.5, etc.)

just throw site:comancheclub.com  in google's search bar along with the terms you're looking for  :thumbsup:

Ive been doing it that way for a while, works much better.

The one-size-fits-all MJ Tech forum just doesn't cut it for me. It could easily be broken into a few different forums and it would be a lot more user friendly. Sometimes I like to browse the forum but it's a nightmare when everything is under one category.

there are pluses and minuses to everything and splitting up into a bunch of little forums brings its own problems.  one is getting people to look at them all (it's harder than you might think).  the more eyes that see a thread, the better the chance of someone with the right answer replying.  another is going through 19,200 old posts so they show up in searches in the appropriate forum. 

• 2 weeks later...

there are pluses and minuses to everything and splitting up into a bunch of little forums brings its own problems. one is getting people to look at them all (it's harder than you might think). the more eyes that see a thread, the better the chance of someone with the right answer replying. another is going through 19,200 old posts so they show up in searches in the appropriate forum.

I see your point about keeping traffic in one area, BUT if you ever do decide to make different rooms within the Tech section, I'd be glad to help sort the old posts. My OCD should be used for the good of mankind!