88 Mj 2Wd To 4Wd And 37's

and last but not least i ordered and installed new shocks desperately needed by the way back one where toast and made for a bad ride i ordered rustys rx 200  :) was looking at the rx 300 but with the long and very cold winters we get here and being i drive it a lot the remote res are a bad idea in the cold imo 

i will get some pics of the front shocks later today and some of the mj as it sits now  :Canadaflag: thanks for looking 

That swing away tire carrier looks amazing. Did you use an existing kit or make it from scratch? I'm especially impressed with the bearing-like pivot point, with the grease zerks.

*edit, wait, it kinda looks like the ballhead of a motorcyle frame. Is it? Because that is just genius.

Where I wheel there is a lot of brush and low hanging tree branches and deadfalls. Likely that bar wouldn't last a day before I knocked it off... Originally I had planned on an EXO and I was going to hang a light bar under the bar that would have ran between the A pillar bars above the window. However I had to scrap the idea when I decided to go with an interior cage instead. Your MJ is really looking sweet.... how much lift are you running?

Where I wheel there is a lot of brush and low hanging tree branches and deadfalls. Likely that bar wouldn't last a day before I knocked it off... Originally I had planned on an EXO and I was going to hang a light bar under the bar that would have ran between the A pillar bars above the window. However I had to scrap the idea when I decided to go with an interior cage instead. Your MJ is really looking sweet.... how much lift are you running?

they are stronger than you think.....

how much lift is a good question lol its a modified rustys 8" with acos on the front and 2" block in the back with custom leafs and for the light bars they are pretty strong and if you pay the big $$$ for a rigid they have a life time warranty and the mounts i got the light bar sits pretty low and narrower then i thought for a 50"  

• 1 year later...

I haven't updated on here for a while i had just been driving it was running a little on the warm side in warmer weather and the old girl developed a knock, slap or tick lol and bought/build a new truck at this point so she sat for a few months :(  I found some motavation somewhere and had another short block kicking around so i sent it and had it worked over 

got the short block back and painted up and started the switch to renix sensors and dizzy 

flowkooler water pump 

and new aluminum rad to hopefully keep things on the cooler side 

time to pull slappy 

Doing a HO head swap as well opened the head up to match the renix intake port matching 

new motor all back together with custom cam and thicker head gaskets and upgraded injectors ready to make its way back in with 180 thermostat as well

Here she is all back in place modified a HO cold air intake i had laying around made it work with a K&N filter 

added all necessary fluids hooked up the battery up turned the key let the fuel pump prime for a few sec's turned her over and she fried up right away and idled and 

ran smother then it ever has i was pleasntly surprised 

Image Not Found

This is the new beast that took my attenion away from the jeep for a bit 2014 ram 3500 cummins with a 6 speed manual trans 

• 5 years later...