MJ Exhaust

Well, the time has come for me to start thinking about how I am going to replace my hacked together exhaust system that got me through the winter but has now started to literally rust away. I noticed the other day that the tailpipe broke off of one of the hangers and was hitting my shackle. Not too bad for a system that I put together by welding pieces of junk 2" pipe from area exhaust shops that I picked up for free!

But enough is enough and there is no way I am going to patch it together again. :hateputers:

So I will be putting on a complete system this summer and I would like to have it done at a shop that will custom bend the pipe for me. I want a nice muffler and if they forget to put a cat on there I guess I could deal with their mistake. :brows:

I have been watching people's build threads and listening to sound clips on how their mufflers sound (CWLONGSHOT, JohnQ and others) and am just asking for what price you all paid for the setups you currently have.

If anyone out there has done a COMPLETE exhuast makeover, their info would really help me out.

Also, when a shop bends the pipe custom, is it more prone to rust or can it still be aluminized and custom bent?

a complete exhaust from my downpipe back cost me $70 at the local pipes place.

He reused my cat.

it dumps just before the rear axle, from an OEM style muffler. I think it's a walker, don't know.

I've vowed to never spend a lot of money on the muffler, cause it's vulnerable with my crap breakover angle.

New walker head pipe $20

Magnaflow high flow cat $50

Image Not Found

knock off flowmaster (camaro style) $50

Image Not Found

Custom bent 2 1/2" intermediate and two tail pipes (2 1/2") with 3" tips bout $150

You could do alot better if you went stock style, but I knew how I wanted it to look and sound.

hey big mass where did you find that cat for 50 bucks

The Barrie Automotive Flea Market.

Any of the guys here from Ontario will know of it. It's on 3 times a year. The fall one you can spent 8 hours solid walking through it, doing a brisk walk and only stopping to look at stuff you are there for. It's huge!!

^^^ sound clip of this please!!! ^^^

Sorry, I got no way of doing it :dunno:

It sounds awesome though. When idling it sounds somewhat like a smallblock

It's real easy once you get the hang of it. First you need to host them at another site like Comanche Club Image Hosting. Follow their instructions to upload your pics and then get the picture's internet address. Then copy that address and come back to the forums. You can add them into your post by pasting the address, then highlight it, then click on the IMG tag. Then the picture should appear in your post. :-)

oh yea i had the muffler and tailpipe done in january...then failed emmisions and had the cat installed last month by the same shop...i dropped it off...told them what i wanted and went to lunch with my girlfriend and came back to see exactly what i wanted... jamminz.gif

I went to the muffler shop the other day after listening to everyone on the various choices and I have decided to go with the flowmaster 40 but I nearly fell over when they told me $125 installed. This is just for the muffler not tail pipe. Then when I discussed routing the tail pipe like the guy did yours between the body and spring they said they wouldn't do it because the spring my hit the pipe and this is a shop that specializes in custom work (I guess they were tired and needed a rest since there were no cars in the shop that afternoon) anyway I left to think about it some more. I can get a 40 series from the auto store and weld it in myself for $70 but I wanted a custom pipe as well. I'm afraid to ask about the head pipe.