Gorgeous 88 Mj Laredo In Tn

That thing is clean.  The only thing that bugs me about his ad is it says "Anti-Lock Brakes".  As far as I knew, MJ's never came with ABS.

I'm sure it bugs everyone here.

When he says "anti-lock brakes", betcha he means this:

That's the key. An original and unmolested MJ. Plus it is a rare fully optioned out Laredo backed up by the build sheet and VIN. This one will probably double in value within 5-6 years with very little work. Unmolested MJs are a rare animal since nearly all have been "altered" making them of little worth to the collectors. Someone made a good sound investment. Sign of things to come. Consider this when hacking up an original.

Spoke with the owner about the sale.  The top bid was just below his reserve, so he offered to sell the car to the high bidder for the price bid ($8101).  The Lady Bidder told him she would have to "check with her husband".  Can you believe that?   Anyway, the Comanche is being sold for the same price to the #2 bidder.

The seller has a 1955 Studebaker Conistoga Wagon with the original Salmon Pink color and a 1984 AMC Eagle.  The funds from the Comanche sale will, in part pay for a disk brake upgrade to the Studebaker.  For those of you unfamiliar with the Conistoga, here is a sample picture:

Connie-441x175.jpg

My first car was a 1953 Studebaker Land Cruiser and I have had a soft spot for Studebakers ever since.  Oh and yes, the seller purchased the Comanche with the intent to flip it.  But by flipping the truck he saved it from being just a cheap work truck and got it to someone who will appreciate the truck.

Great looking wagon. I love Studes especially the 50's pickups. I had a 63 Avanti R2 for a few years but finally had to sell it - couldn't afford to feed it. It required fuel with at least a 93 octane rating and averaged less than 10 MPG.   :eek:   Pretty quick car though.......